Sunderland Have Begun To Speak To Candidates On Their Shortlist

the club are, officially, aiming for immediate promotion according to the owner,
of course the model is inimical to that..
I'm sure they are, but copper will take one look and say the team needs a fair bit of strengthening with genuine top championship level players before it's a reasonable ambition in the short term. The cost of that, on top of the cost of his wages, would likely make him a non starter if he was even prepared to consider it in the first place

He would drop to the championship if a club with ambition come in for him are we ambitious enough ?
not if offered a premier league job he wont...wouldnt be very ambitious of him to drop down..
albeit safc would be a good fit because he is good with younger players and doesnt be in charge of trasfer policy

It’s not about compensation. Cooper will still be getting paid by Forest as part of his severance deal when they sacked him. His deal at the time of his sacking was due to expire in 2025. I’m sure they won’t be paying him until then but he’ll get a few months.

NO! As Forest have settled compensation with Cooper then they don’t need to continue paying him as they have agreed a compensation package to settle the remaining of his contract.
This is a requirement under Premier League rules that if you terminate a manager you must agree a settlement over his contract. But as Cooper was on £2m a year unless he is prepared to lower his demands then he is well out of our reach.

NO! As Forest have settled compensation with Cooper then they don’t need to continue paying him as they have agreed a compensation package to settle the remaining of his contract.
This is a requirement under Premier League rules that if you terminate a manager you must agree a settlement over his contract. But as Cooper was on £2m a year unless he is prepared to lower his demands then he is well out of our reach.
a settlement could involve contiuning to pay him monthyl for several months..he made clear to palace that he didnt want a job until the end of this season...

The “agreed settlement” deals often only mean both parties agree to be paid monthly at whatever the agreed rate is until the ex gaffer takes another gaffering job. Forest won’t have wanted to pay it all out in one hit and I’d imagine Coopers accountant won’t either.

I'm sure they are, but copper will take one look and say the team needs a fair bit of strengthening with genuine top championship level players before it's a reasonable ambition in the short term. The cost of that, on top of the cost of his wages, would likely make him a non starter if he was even prepared to consider it in the first place
I don't see Cooper getting a premier league job mind. I think even Rob Edwards stock will be higher if he keeps Luton up.

I disagree. Season ticket renewal are already failing with each game Dodds is in charge. Holding off until the summer will not encourage anyone to renew.
Thats the hope of the unknown though....say they employ somebody now and hes a beale clone and we lose the last three games (nightmare)...... but if we hold out until late summer before appointing the beale clone at least we would have a few weeks of hope!

Never heard of that website before.
Now call me Cynical , what with season ticket renewal time been here, but this is exactly what I would expect the Club to come out with, just to even mention a little ambition, in order to gee up sales of season tickets of what " might be"! Do I believe it.......No.

Back