Sunderland - garden waste collections

Status
Not open for further replies.
The brown bins were in with the rest of our collection service - the green general waste & blue recycling. ALL were paid for by our council taxes.
Costs have spiralled man.just go back to one bin a week for everything like yesteryear. We don't know how good we have it tbh. Or be like most of Europe, just have a big fuck off bin at the bottom of every street and have to dump the fucker in every night.😀

I put mine in a compost bin. When that’s full it goes into the general waste bin. I begrudge paying £30 quid or whatever it is. I’m not even sure the council recycle it and if the do they will likely be saving themselves money in the parks and recreation budget.
Even if my garden waste goes to landfill it will rot down so there’s no major impact on the environment.

Nope.
It was with us for years - and was included in our Council Tax.
The Civic Centre overlords decided to put a charge on it to raise even more money.
Looks like you are another one on here who thinks that they are getting a good service by paying for it, when as a matter of fact, it was already there.

Councils receive less and less yearly from Central Govt. Have to raise funds somehow. Blame the Tory austerity not Sunderland Council for this

No doubt your CTax will be getting spent on any one of shed loads of social services cases that also cost a fortune in knock on effect. Other departments get nowt. I just take as much as I can to the tip. Grass in the bin or a mates chickens get it.

I never renewed last year worst thing I did. What a fuck on every time I cut the grass or tidied the garden. Wasn't even about money, I'm just a lazy **** at times and it's always tomorrow...
It's an extra service which 100% should be chargeable.its for next to nowt basically.

What did you do before the garden waste bins were introduced then?
Different house

And?

Is it untrue?
Yes it is ,labour basically handed the keys over to the tories when the country was in essence bankrupt.People forget that.

we used to get one small bin,now we get 3 fuck off massive ones.£30 for the luxury of a brown bin is just a token gesture.Worth a £130 a year never mind £30.

Yes it is ,labour basically handed the keys over to the tories when the country was in essence bankrupt.People forget that.

we used to get one small bin,now we get 3 fuck off massive ones.£30 for the luxury of a brown bin is just a token gesture.Worth a £130 a year never mind £30.

Aye righto... No point in saying Tories been in power for 10 years is their?

Think we getting off the point here. SC receive less money from Central Govt so they have to cut their cloth accordingly and raise funds where they can. As does most if not all councils

You cant really keep blaming a Labour Govt of 10 years ago for this.

Narrs nowt^^^^
roaring bellend.
Or be like most of Europe, just have a big fuck off bin at the bottom of every street and have to dump the fucker in every night.😀
Its tremendous that man. Everything goes in. Nee f***ing about separating stuff, and its emptied 365 days a year. Any garden waste or large items, get put beside the bin and its gone within 24hrs.
Few labour voters outing themselves on this thread mind.
I'm surprised it took so long to blame the Tories mind. This place is slipping. :lol:

Last edited:
If you have a garden, and it is long enough so the compost bin isn't next to the back door, get or build one or more compost bin.

The vast majority of the stuff that goes in the garden waste bin can be composted.
100% this. I compost everything including shredded paper and cardboard.

You ignorant people don't give a fuck about the planet. You probably eat meat as well.
I put mine in a compost bin. When that’s full it goes into the general waste bin. I begrudge paying £30 quid or whatever it is. I’m not even sure the council recycle it and if the do they will likely be saving themselves money in the parks and recreation budget.
Even if my garden waste goes to landfill it will rot down so there’s no major impact on the environment.
:lol::lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back