Sunderland fan on Talksport now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

No-one's saying there's owt wrong with it ffs. Support for Sunln from anywhere south of Blackhall gets me all excited. It was just surprising to hear the accent from someone who obviously gets to a few games (more than you can say for some locals on here). So shoot me.

Blackhall Rocks?

Drew C - the "local club for local people" quote has been lost in translation I think. It's from an English comedy programme (League of Gentlemen) and is being used sarcastically (I hope).

The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned, don't care if a Sunderland supporter is from Mars (mind, those twats from Venus can p'ss right off).

Ahem, in the interests of diplomacy I think I should point out that his comment was a line from a TV show called The League of Gentlemen......it's from a sketch about two old crones who run a village shop and hate outsiders, getting angry and uttering that line whenever they come in.

He's on your side, pointing out the OP was perhaps being a tad small minded in his outlook toward fans from further afield.

Just saying ;)

Cheers marra.

Sunderland is for everyone!

Ahem, in the interests of diplomacy I think I should point out that his comment was a line from a TV show called The League of Gentlemen......it's from a sketch about two old crones who run a village shop and hate outsiders, getting angry and uttering that line whenever they come in.

He's on your side, pointing out the OP was perhaps being a tad small minded in his outlook toward fans from further afield.

Just saying ;)

What f***ing outlook? I welcome the fact that there was someone from further afield - I was just surprised - for the third f***ing time. Some thick fuckers on here.

That is a very poor comment. I for one am four generation Sunderland supporter living in Minneapolis, USA can speak geordie or American accent thou speak with an American accent.

:eek::oops:

It was a joke (I think) so fill your boots:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meF7NmfnXZ0

and they also used to be called the league of geordies, but with your multi lingual skills I'm sure you can tell they don't have the accents.

Last edited:
I met an American Sunderland fan a few of years back in Budapest. Got to a few games aswell as Easyjet had direct flights to Newcastle back then.

Was more amazed when i met a scouse Sunderland fan.

What f***ing outlook? I welcome the fact that there was someone from further afield - I was just surprised - for the third f***ing time. Some thick fuckers on here.

IMHO it was the smiley you used in the OP that caused the consternation. It's sort of dubious or disapproving.

To prevent misinterpretation in future, us this:

Logon or register to see this image

...broad American accent. :neutral:

And there are SAFC fans with South African accents...I even saw a SAFC fan with a Malaysian accent call in to the 24/7 prem channel.

We are a big club, get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back