Sunderland Everton special bond ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think their club behaved unbelievably towards Bradley and family, the chaps on here seem pleasant enough and in their forums.

However, they have a very large element of rat like support who enjoy nothing more than behaving like kernts.

My experience has showed to never trust a scouser.

I often read derogatory comments towards Scousers on here and other forums. Yet it's funny that our club does more for its community and also people outside of it than nearly every other club in the Premier League, and the man mostly behind all that is a Scouser.

This isn't just at club level either as our fans raised thousands for the Carlisle flood relief fund the other year:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/everton-fc-fans-raise-thousands-10946968

Everton FC added a £5,000 donation to that fund too. Coincidentally, Sunderland were another club who also offered support:

"The Goodison Park side and Sunderland are reportedly the only Premier League clubs to have responded to Carlisle chairman Andrew Jenkins' request for top-flight teams to support the cause."

Speedo Mick, another Scouser, also raised funds for Bradley Lowery this season at Watford:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/speedo-mick-raising-money-little-12305543

The bit in your post that I highlighted in bold is undoubtedly true. I have heard of unsavoury incidents when our fans have travelled up to the North East and that's a shame that a minority of our fans have tarnished the reputation of our fanbase with that behaviour. But for people to make out that overall we are any worse than other big city clubs like both Manchester clubs, Leeds, Villa, West Ham, Newcastle is unfair in my opinion. Quite a few of those clubs have been in the headlines far more often than us, and on those usual annual arrest tables and banning orders we are often way further down than all of those, as well as many others.

Taunted us like nobody's business in 1977 when we went down and their ground was as welcoming as Elland Rd in the 80s/90s.
No time for those chip on shoulder scouse twats.

Nothing but respect for what Everton have done but prior to that always remember being alot of bother between the 2 sets of fans

I often read derogatory comments towards Scousers on here and other forums. Yet it's funny that our club does more for its community and also people outside of it than nearly every other club in the Premier League, and the man mostly behind all that is a Scouser.

This isn't just at club level either as our fans raised thousands for the Carlisle flood relief fund the other year:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/everton-fc-fans-raise-thousands-10946968

Everton FC added a £5,000 donation to that fund too. Coincidentally, Sunderland were another club who also offered support:

"The Goodison Park side and Sunderland are reportedly the only Premier League clubs to have responded to Carlisle chairman Andrew Jenkins' request for top-flight teams to support the cause."

Speedo Mick, another Scouser, also raised funds for Bradley Lowery this season at Watford:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/speedo-mick-raising-money-little-12305543

The bit in your post that I highlighted in bold is undoubtedly true. I have heard of unsavoury incidents when our fans have travelled up to the North East and that's a shame that a minority of our fans have tarnished the reputation of our fanbase with that behaviour. But for people to make out that overall we are any worse than other big city clubs like both Manchester clubs, Leeds, Villa, West Ham, Newcastle is unfair in my opinion. Quite a few of those clubs have been in the headlines far more often than us, and on those usual annual arrest tables and banning orders we are often way further down than all of those, as well as many others.

I don't mean offence although I can certainly see why it would be taken that way. Just purely in my own experience, I have met less than 10 and all have been untrustworthy ranging all the way to very unpleasant. Including Liverpool being the only place I have been in a coach that was bricked you can see why my back is up when I hear the accent.

I have 0 bad things to say about the club itself, I have not come across a grander gesture from a club than what yours did earlier this season.

That bond wasn't much in evidence when some of us were chased all the way back to Liverpool Lime Street after Everton relegated us in 77.

However, times moves on and we have some very good Evertonian posters on here and our clubs have a lot in common. Hopefully that will continue into next season.
Didnt riever turn up and save the day single handed?........maybe in his mind he did.

Was thinking of the efc fan who came out of the terminus with his nose busted and claret all ower a few seasons ago. Dont think he will join the love in tbh

I dont hate them as much as a used to due to the braddaz thing but they can still fuck right off.

Also better of the 2 scousers but again all scousers can fuck right off.

Every team from Plymouth to Carlisle has a few idiots following them mate.

They've been very good with Bradley and raising money and awareness

Definitely no special bond though, their fans were utter arseholes at the cup replay and then when Di Canio beat them

Watched it twice - where's the trouble? - lots of chanting and shouting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back