Sunderland defender Lamine Kone claims he's 'worth more than League One' and 'fans turned their back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope he gets signed by Strasbourg and we get a reasonable fee. Started well but wasn't the same player once Sam and Younès Kaboul left.

"At the level of the fans and the city, it is a mythical club which had quite a lot of time in the Premier League. They have a story. "The descent into League One was that of too much. The fans turned their backs on us. I understand them. Maybe the leaders could also have made better choices. The responsibility is shared between the players and the leaders. In terms of morale, although I continued to be motivated to practice, it was not the best."

Sunderland defender Lamine Kone claims he's 'worth more than League One' and 'fans turned their backs'
Really misleading title. Nothing in the longer quotes is unreasonable

Can't really see that much with what's wrong with what he's saying. Saying players & owners responsibile?
There's nothing wrong with it

Last edited:
They come from a piss poor continent, earn a decent contract that sets them up for life and don't think they have to bother anymore. Please don't sign any more.

Bit of a generalisation that mind. A continent with over a billion people that has produced players such as Yaya Toure, Drogba, Salah, Aubameyang, Mane, Mahrez...

We sign one shite African (who was at one point considered a fantastic player worth millions), so we should boycott a continent?

Not just you that's said it, it's been mentioned by a couple of people on this thread and I hear it more and more. It's bollocks man.

Bit of a generalisation that mind. A continent with over a billion people that has produced players such as Yaya Toure, Drogba, Salah, Aubameyang, Mane, Mahrez...

We sign one shite African (who was at one point considered a fantastic player worth millions), so we should boycott a continent?

Not just you that's said it, it's been mentioned by a couple of people on this thread and I hear it more and more. It's bollocks man.

We've signed more than one like.

I’m not saying he hasn’t said those things but that reads like someone has just put his interview into google translate and left the abject nonsense it’s spewed out without checking for readability.

“I knew that it played football here”. f***ing hell man.

mythical club - doubt he said that - could be anything from magical to historic to joke, who knows. Still crap mind, and if he was motivated to practice (train) then wouldn't that involve being here?

They come from a piss poor continent, earn a decent contract that sets them up for life and don't think they have to bother anymore. Please don't sign any more.
I agree but I don't think it's just an African problem, the South Americans we signed have been generally shite as well. I don't want us to rule out signing players from anywhere, however its high time we started probing overseas players about their motivations for coming here. Koné was already in his late 20's and went on like a bellend before he signed for us. It was obvious he was only here for the coin.

Here we go again. Kone and his fellow money sucking, lazy uninterested arsehole alleged footballers and their pathetic excuses for their cynical non-performances.

No need to say any more. They can publish as much journalistic dribbling diahrrea as they like,

WE KNOW THE TRUTH.

I agree but I don't think it's just an African problem, the South Americans we signed have been generally shite as well. I don't want us to rule out signing players from anywhere, however its high time we started probing overseas players about their motivations for coming here. Koné was already in his late 20's and went on like a bellend before he signed for us. It was obvious he was only here for the coin.

Did we question his motivation after the 3-0 win against Everton?

Good job we're just questioning the motivation of South Americans and Africans, all of our British based players have been a shining example of proffesionalism, from Adam Johnson to Darron Gibson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back