SUNDERLAND - Deadline day thread

'Great job'...at shot stopping, yes. He needs to come off his line more, not just for crosses but in general play. And be quicker with his feet when receiving the ball. Teams are closing him down shit hot now, knowing he isn't the best or quickest with the ball at his feet. Needs a bit more 'presence' about him.
Spot on. Couple in the first half when he received it on his right foot from O'Nien but opted to move onto his left and they were on him straight away.

He's a young lad developing fast, plenty to learn and for the main holding his own. no need to nit pick about areas he will improve on, and certainly no reason to unbalance him. You can see from last night how improtant confidence is to an entire team.
It's not nit picking. Do you think our goalkeeping coach wont be pointing out areas Patterson can improve incase he 'unbalances' him or upsets him? Deary me.

But the SMB told me Neil was taking Stewart, Pritchard and half of the SoL down to Stoke with him?????!!!
He is but just needs to start the long term project first. He’s getting himself set up ready to rumble. By the time that comes to fruition he will be 18month into the project and the transfer embargo will be lifted. All about long term vision

It's not nit picking. Do you think our goalkeeping coach wont be pointing out areas Patterson can improve incase he 'unbalances' him or upsets him? Deary me.

Deary me? do you think Mannone would sign as a bench warmer? Why would you sign a clear crowd favourite and good keeper to be a number 2? Why tie up a big wage on a bench warmer?

That therefore would suggest that Patterson as a young lad may be rattled by his presence, which in turn sets his game back, rather than then improve his areas of need you shoot his game down. Where did I say coaches cannot work with him? Bizzarre.

Is that ok to hold that view?

Grumpy said the rumour in BCB was that we’d signed three yesterday and one was described as experienced. That doesn’t really match the lads we brought in and over the road Prehab says he’s met a player due to be announced today so looks like there will be some incoming.
Bigger concern is do we need to sell, potentially a big profit already available in Stewart, Cirkin, Neil, Clarke and Patterson depending on definition of big.

We desperately need another striker, we only have 2 and they are both starters. Was touching cloth when Stewart stayed down twice last night. Need depth there and another CB (although O9 is doing very well there so far). Another GK would be nice as well, as Bass is league 1 at best.
The club are referring to Amad as a forward. Is he the cover for Ross/simms?

Outgoings - winchester and Embo permanent. Matete on loan. I rate embleton but after yesterday’s incomings we have plenty in midfield.

Deary me? do you think Mannone would sign as a bench warmer? Why would you sign a clear crowd favourite and good keeper to be a number 2? Why tie up a big wage on a bench warmer?

That therefore would suggest that Patterson as a young lad may be rattled by his presence, which in turn sets his game back, rather than then improve his areas of need you shoot his game down. Where did I say coaches cannot work with him? Bizzarre.

Is that ok to hold that view?
It shouldn't 'upset' a keeper to get pushed for the spot . I think your getting soft on pattos boyish demeanor. Push him

The club are referring to Amad as a forward. Is he the cover for Ross/simms?

Outgoings - winchester and Embo permanent. Matete on loan. I rate embleton but after yesterday’s incomings we have plenty in midfield.
Think he will stay, these new lads could be months away from being ready for the championship. Hope I'm wrong and they hit the ground running, but I can't see it.

Back