Sunderland AFC Women

Mary Earps looks to be a decent keeper for England but in general the standard of goalkeeping in women's football appears to lag far behind the standard of play in outfield positions. In the outfield positions it also looks like forwards > midfielders > defenders.

Joicey should have gave her a bat. Shame things like this happen in football at all, but women’s football more so as it’s championing inclusivity.

Tbf from my experiences of lasses footy they would give you a bat, my ex missus did it a few times.
And how many pitches around the world would then need to have new goals installed?

Would also make it impossible for them to play at men's ground all over the world.

People need to think before they speak

Last edited:
Just have a post behind the posts and a bar behind the bar, hinged so they can click into place for the lasses. If they’re outside the net they’ll pull it in so no fecking about.

Tbf from my experiences of lasses footy they would give you a bat, my ex missus did it a few times.

Would also make it impossible for them to play at men's ground all over the world.

People need to think before they speak
not sure if it really needs to happen but of course it wouldn’t. Just take the men’s down and put the women’s up

Just have a post behind the posts and a bar behind the bar, hinged so they can click into place for the lasses. If they’re outside the net they’ll pull it in so no fecking about.

That works in the professional game. And possibly at the level of Sunderland women's team. But it doesn't work all the way down without lots of investment

Big season coming up. Another season of mediocrity, then I think the club need to look at an alternative coaching arrangement.
7th season going into with Mel as manager, the decision to make her and Steph full time not so long ago might have influenced into not changing anything yet. Need to add more expeirence and play players in their correct positions and got some long term injured players back and they''ll be like new signings

Back