Sunderland AFC Women

Like a number of games this season we lacked a cutting edge in the final 3rd but, as mentioned earlier, we had plenty of the ball there. Hopefully that's something that can be addressed with the move to professionalism and we're able to punish teams when on top.
My concern is losing some of our prospects. I only saw spells of the first half but Neve looked good, if clubs come sniffing she should move on for her own sake imo.

My concern is losing some of our prospects. I only saw spells of the first half but Neve looked good, if clubs come sniffing she should move on for her own sake imo.

I think there'll always be that risk to us for those players that want to compete at the highest level (unless we get there ourselves). Hopefully the club announce soon who they're planning to retain - and which of those will be on FT terms.

Absolute fair play to the squad, for a group of non-pros to go out and not look completely out of depth in a growing league is a job well done

But it was time to move on as there is every chance we could be next seasons Coventry United had it carried on as is. Hopefully the hybrid system is the first step to getting competitive.

The hard work starts now

Last edited:

Neve definitely one of the best prospects imo

I did hear Emily Scarr chatting to someone after game saying she is staying and going pro so I assume those who are being offered pro contracts have already been offered them

I think there'll always be that risk to us for those players that want to compete at the highest level (unless we get there ourselves). Hopefully the club announce soon who they're planning to retain - and which of those will be on FT terms.
Reading this, I swear you could be talking about the men’s team!

At the risk of sounding like a moaner…

Why are they auctioning home shirts again? Away ones from last week would have been a better bet?

4 days left, which one you got eye on?

Last edited:

4 days left, which one you got eye on?

One of the keepers one with a bit of luck.
These look like they will mega alot cheaper than the last ones

The opposition have pulled out of Sunday's fixture with the U23s which means we've been awarded the points. Typical, I haven't seen the U23s this season and was going to take in this game as I was free to do so.

A few of them didn’t sell. I managed to get Cowlings at £79 which I’m happy with.

Like I said last week, they should have sold the away ones from the Sheffield Utd game. Seeing as they also had MWS on the sleeves all season, they had already auctioned home ones and away shirts have been completely sold out in the club shop since November, they would have made more money and sold them all.

It really is so simple….

A few of them didn’t sell. I managed to get Cowlings at £79 which I’m happy with.

Like I said last week, they should have sold the away ones from the Sheffield Utd game. Seeing as they also had MWS on the sleeves all season, they had already auctioned home ones and away shirts have been completely sold out in the club shop since November, they would have made more money and sold them all.

It really is so simple….
Email Alex

[email protected]

Last edited:

Back