Sunderland AFC Women

Sunderland AFC Ladies are excited to announce the team’s official rebrand to Sunderland AFC Women, as of the 2022-23 season.

The step to adopt the new name – approved by the FA ahead of preparations for the new campaign – has been taken in line with maintaining a contemporary, inclusive outlook as the club further develops into its new era in the women’s game.

The rebrand also emphasises the ‘one-club’ mentality on Wearside, running parallel with the men’s first team, and aligns with competitions in which the Lasses compete, including the FA Women’s Championship and Women’s FA Cup.

General Manager Alex Clark added: “Following consultation with players and staff, it was agreed to apply to the FA to change the name to Sunderland AFC Women from next season.

“We are grateful to the FA for their approval of our request.”

The Lasses’ official social media pages are currently in the process of transitioning to the new team name, with the Twitter account handle having now changed to @SAFCWomen – a move which will soon be reflected on all pages ahead of the launch.

@123SunTan @SR7 @David M

Sunderland AFC Ladies are excited to announce the team’s official rebrand to Sunderland AFC Women, as of the 2022-23 season.

The step to adopt the new name – approved by the FA ahead of preparations for the new campaign – has been taken in line with maintaining a contemporary, inclusive outlook as the club further develops into its new era in the women’s game.

The rebrand also emphasises the ‘one-club’ mentality on Wearside, running parallel with the men’s first team, and aligns with competitions in which the Lasses compete, including the FA Women’s Championship and Women’s FA Cup.

General Manager Alex Clark added: “Following consultation with players and staff, it was agreed to apply to the FA to change the name to Sunderland AFC Women from next season.

The Lasses’ official social media pages are currently in the process of transitioning to the new team name, with the Twitter account handle having now changed to @SAFCWomen – a move which will soon be reflected on all pages ahead of the launch.

@123SunTan @SR7 @David M
Just seen this on Instagram. Actually prefer Ladies, but glad to see things are progressing with the team and brand in general. Onwards and upwards, ha’way the lasses!

My little girl was given the captain's armband and goalkeeper's training top on Sunday after the game. I very nearly had to peel her off the ceiling that night, shw was that excited still.
Its a cracking afternoon out, particularly for anyone with kids (girls in particular)
I remember taking the bairn to watch the mens team train once, strangely enough you were there like, but she was largely uninterested in fact when we came away she asked me which of the two teams playing was Sunderland :lol:

Hopefully. Newcastle getting that massive attendance on Sunday may lead to their owners throwing a load of money at it and them getting the best young talent in the area. We need to keep growing again and be a viable option.
Indeed.

The murderers seem to think throwing enough money at any problem will fix it.

SAFC Ladies (sorry - SAFC Women) have a long and proud history of success and have produced some of the finest talent England has seen.

We’ll never be mastered by……

Funnily enough I've been reading about them today, we really should be up there with the players we've had and I heard we got shafted but this was a joke mind.

T'he club's bid to join the FA WSL for the initial 2011 season was controversially rejected in favour of the relatively newly formed, but big spending, Manchester City.' This decision led to the departure of many star players (3 of whom represented England in the 2015 World Cup

Indeed.

The murderers seem to think throwing enough money at any problem will fix it.

SAFC Ladies (sorry - SAFC Women) have a long and proud history of success and have produced some of the finest talent England has seen.

We’ll never be mastered by……
And yet you just know that the FA Women's League will find a way to shaft us in favour of the dirty B & W b*stards.

My little girl was given the captain's armband and goalkeeper's training top on Sunday after the game. I very nearly had to peel her off the ceiling that night, she was that excited still.
Its a cracking afternoon out, particularly for anyone with kids (girls in particular)
Took mine a few weeks ago. I really enjoy it myself, but think it’s important to show her there’s lasses older than her playing in front of crowds too.

@123SunTan @SR7 @David M
Great. Ha'way the masses.

Back