Sunderland AFC will face South Shields in pre-season

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's no such thing as mag country when Sunderland are in the area. ;)

10 minutes from the Longship to Mariners Park?

True, very true.

Really buzzing about these 2 friendlies....wonder which "faces" will be spotted at the match....I always see the same ones at every away day I do, with such a small allocation, Hepburn will be the one to be noticed at:cool:

Like you say, nearer the time I'm sure a few pubs will be mentioned where we'll go for a few beers beforehand mate.

I'll check nearer the time and look forward to that pre-match pint:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Could you maybe recommended a pre- match pub in Shields marra.

Someone on here suggested the Trimmers pub, but what with having a southern accent (not cockney!!), and what with it being home fans only, it might not be a good idea for me to set foot in:eek:

Also, what are the stewards like at the ground....fairly relaxed and easy going? Or fascists in bright coloured jackets.

Reason I ask is my flag has a rather large FTM plastered on it:cool:

Im taking the piss mate! Get in there ask for Celtic John and sing Penny Arcade to him for a free shot!

Are you spending the night in Shields? Get to mechanics after the game, i'll br in there.

Im taking the piss mate! Get in there ask for Celtic John and sing Penny Arcade to him for a free shot!

Are you spending the night in Shields? Get to mechanics after the game, i'll br in there.
The Mechanics :eek: f***ing hell mate. :lol:

f***ing class man, go to the address before that :lol::lol::lol:
Tuesday afternoon on the karaoke in Mechanics after a funeral couple of year back. Fell out of taxi at end of night, the father in law put my name down with Donna to sing without me knowing.
:lol:

Tuesday afternoon on the karaoke in Mechanics after a funeral couple of year back. Fell out of taxi at end of night, the father in law put my name down with Donna to sing without me knowing.
:lol:

Donna man :lol: think we should book mechanics out for that day as a private SMB function. I always end up in there later in the night, then kirkys then Glitterball (ruined that place now mind).

Staying the night (2 nights) in Sunderland. Was originally only up for the Shields match, but now doing the Hebburn match too.

You can get me a pint post-match in the Mechanics then;)

Trimmers it is then:cool:

Where will the hardcore be drinking pre-match in Hebburn then?

Any pubs in the town itself worth visiting?

Hebburn Sports Club is at the ground, its decent enough in there. Would imagine it'll be rammo but there's loads of room outside. There's a couple of members clubs in the town centre on the way to the ground from the metro, however entry to whichever you choose depends on which foot you kick with ;)

Hebburn Sports Club is at the ground, its decent enough in there. Would imagine it'll be rammo but there's loads of room outside. There's a couple of members clubs in the town centre on the way to the ground from the metro, however entry to whichever you choose depends on which foot you kick with ;)

:D

True, very true.

Really buzzing about these 2 friendlies....wonder which "faces" will be spotted at the match....I always see the same ones at every away day I do, with such a small allocation, Hepburn will be the one to be noticed at:cool:

I'll check nearer the time and look forward to that pre-match pint:cool:

I would recommend while you're there to try breakfast at Tiffany's.

Isn't Jarra Mag country?:eek:

I'll definitely do Trimmers and take it from there

Nice one, cheers.
Be mindful that at least 50% of shields fans are also Sunderland fans and there’ll be a good number of Shields / Sunderland fans in the home ends
Those likely to cause trouble will be a small number of mags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back