Sunderland AFC Ladies

Do we buy new players or stick with the youngsters after having another season under their belts. I wonder what u23s team looks like too
We will definately need to strengthen….maybe we should be trying to knick acouple of Durhams better players …iirc the lasses are going back to full time from next season which will help too?

I'd love Bridget back
You think thats possible?
I hear that Keira Ramshaw got player of the season for the ladies….i little bit of a surprise as i dont think shes been at her best this year ( accepted shes had a few injuries ) …..no surprise about Neve Herron scooping the young player though….shes been quality….need to keep a hold of her.

Last edited:
...is there a financial reason she went to Durham?, she seemed to feature in more games for SAFC.
She went there when we got relegated ( unfairly ) two leagues. You couldnt blame her for not wanting to play at a lower level than the championship and Durham was the ideal option for her…..obviously we are now in the same league as Durham with better facilities etc so hopefully shecould return for next season

Good luck to her but i don't think we can keep signing her back all the time. How many times is that now she has left? Very short on defenders now.

Durham have signed a new striker from Coventry so i hope Bridget comes back.

@David M
Edit: 5th time we have signed her and 5th time she has left
Looks like she is back in the North East, wonder what happened in Switzerland.

Looks like she joined new club, got injured, played some friendlies and league games and been back a few weeks uk doing Gateshead commentary

Looks like she's looking for a new club. She's suffering mental health issues too looks like also, and been in Switzerland on her own with lanuage barriers won't help either. I wish her the best whatever she does in football or out of football during education work.

Last edited:
She went there when we got relegated ( unfairly ) two leagues. You couldnt blame her for not wanting to play at a lower level than the championship and Durham was the ideal option for her…..obviously we are now in the same league as Durham with better facilities etc so hopefully shecould return for next season

It was after our first (curtailed) season at the 3rd tier. The National League was scrapped but the top 2 tiers carried on behind closed doors. Understandable they moved really as the lasses - especially the younger ones - need to keep playing in order to continue their development. I certainly wouldn't mind either Mollie or Bridget returning but obviously that depends on several factors.

Also came in here to point out the Neve has started for the U19s in their qualifier v Wales. Kicked off at half 1.
Correction: Kicks-off at half 2.

Last edited:

Back