Sunday dinners without Yorkshire pudding

Status
Not open for further replies.

went to a pub today down here and someone in front specifically asked for no Yorkshire pudding. Couldnt believe my ears. Had a discussion with my mate and he says sunday dinners shouldnt have yorkshires with them anyway!!!

Unless its for allergy reasons i think its a must, or is it a northern thing?
He might have been gluten intolerant?

Beef dripping isn't lard it's the fat and juices from after cooking a beef joint . It separates into a beef juice ( under) and beef fat (over).

Further quick research seems to say that lard is pork fat and tallow is beef fat. Happy to learn that!

My point to birdman is that Yorkshires have to be made with animal fat, be it the fat dropping off the joint into the Yorkshire pudding dish or lard (pork I guess then) in the pudding tin. ( He's a veggie).
Vegetable as well. Folks probably bailed when cow contagion kicked off and never bothered again and probably scoffed chicken and that with them for a bit.

The only time its acceptable to eat a sunday roast without puddings is if you have them as a starter!

As bad as those who say you shouldn't have them on Christmas dinners despite Christmas dinners just being a Sunday dinner with a turkey :lol::lol:

My late Mam's family are from Yorkshire and when we visited and had Sunday dinner we had a plate for the Yorkies and a separate plate for everything else...bloody lush!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back