Sunday dinners without Yorkshire pudding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Words fail. I shall not engage in conversation with you again. You did use capitals for the blessed puds, but clearly have issues. I feel that such issues are important and it is necessary to stay safe on the internet so I am left with no alternative other than to put you on ignore. I do so in the name of all Yorkshire Pudding lovers whose taste you have called into question. I am also thinking about writing a vague letter to my local MP, not that I know or care who that is, to bring to the powers that be's attention to you openly mocking British values. Good day, newspaper wafted in disgust and a mild look of disdain

I blame my Dad, he fed me them with jam on when I was a kid. Horrid!

No...You're not!!!!
Dunno what all the fuss is about , I can't stand em.

Me either, they are horrible. For some strange reason my 3 kids all love them.

Last edited:
went to a pub today down here and someone in front specifically asked for no Yorkshire pudding. Couldnt believe my ears. Had a discussion with my mate and he says sunday dinners shouldnt have yorkshires with them anyway!!!

Unless its for allergy reasons i think its a must, or is it a northern thing?
Was he a queer fella

I believe Lard is Pork fat. Beef fat is Dripping.
Beef dripping isn't lard it's the fat and juices from after cooking a beef joint . It separates into a beef juice ( under) and beef fat (over).

Further quick research seems to say that lard is pork fat and tallow is beef fat. Happy to learn that!

My point to birdman is that Yorkshires have to be made with animal fat, be it the fat dropping off the joint into the Yorkshire pudding dish or lard (pork I guess then) in the pudding tin. ( He's a veggie).

Beef dripping isn't lard it's the fat and juices from after cooking a beef joint . It separates into a beef juice ( under) and beef fat (over).

Further quick research seems to say that lard is pork fat and tallow is beef fat. Happy to learn that!

My point to birdman is that Yorkshires have to be made with animal fat, be it the fat dropping off the joint into the Yorkshire pudding dish or lard (pork I guess then) in the pudding tin. ( He's a veggie).

Which is why, when someone buys dripping it invariable is as you say, with the jelly at the bottom of the pack!

Certainly, when roasting beef it should be used for the Yorkies and roasties - never lard.

I think I'm correct (but could be wrong) in saying that in days of yore, when joints tended to be far larger and not so well 'trimmed' the fat from the beef was allowed to 'drip' through the rack it was cooked on and onto the potatoes in a tin below, rather than being added separately.

Tallow was used for lighting in lanterns.

Last edited:
If wilfy is making Sunday dinner the threat of a Yorkshire less one is increased - last time he had the grill on instead of the top oven , think he is cursed on the yorkie front

Is there actually any point in having a 'Sunday Dinner' if there's no puddings on it?

In laws made Christmas dinner without them and it was a farce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back