Sundah kip.

Skandhaless

Striker
Was sat in the garden having a few this afternoon and the urge came over me. Get up stairs for 3 hours solid kip in bed.
The old feller did it every Sunday 12-2 boozer, dinner till 3.00, kip till 6.30, wash & shave then club at 7.00.

Is it a thing of the past ?

If you want an afternoon nap have an afternoon nap.

Pub licensing laws have changed, as have the expectations on how a bloke with a family spends his weekends, your dad's routine is probably a thing of the past because of this.

yes - no need for a kip when the pubs are open all afternoon
No good for the old feller, dinner was on the table.

If you want an afternoon nap have an afternoon nap.

Pub licensing laws have changed, as have the expectations on how a bloke with a family spends his weekends, your dad's routine is probably a thing of the past because of this.
He worked 6.5 days a week. Reckon the Sunday bed was what kept him right for sleep and rest over the week.

Last edited:
That was our Sunday routine in the house when I was a kid . Dad goes to club has a skinfull then back home for lunch and then off to bed. I wasn't allowed any friends over during the day and had to go out in all wethers. He'd get up have dinner then he'd go out back to the club with me mother. They even sat in separate areas of the club as women weren't allowed in the bar . Absolute nonsense

That was our Sunday routine in the house when I was a kid . Dad goes to club has a skinfull then back home for lunch and then off to bed. I wasn't allowed any friends over during the day and had to go out in all wethers. He'd get up have dinner then he'd go out back to the club with me mother. They even sat in separate areas of the club as women weren't allowed in the bar . Absolute nonsense
Just struck me what another world it was. I had my son and his partner and granddaughter round for nice family time but in a momentary lull it just struck me, the auld feller would have been hard on akip by now.

What did he do?
Factory labourer at rowntree.

My old man still does this. Makes the dinner then off to the club for 2-3 hours. Then gets home and has 3/4 kip. Used to get up and go to the club but now he’s retired the afternoon does him.

Back