Sundah kip.

That was our Sunday routine in the house when I was a kid . Dad goes to club has a skinfull then back home for lunch and then off to bed. I wasn't allowed any friends over during the day and had to go out in all wethers. He'd get up have dinner then he'd go out back to the club with me mother. They even sat in separate areas of the club as women weren't allowed in the bar . Absolute nonsense
It sounds a shit existence that.

Used to love me Sunday afternoon kip me like - was still an apprentice and living back home in the late 1970's.
All pre -all day opening like.
Up to Doxy Park clerb for 12 noon, and 6 pints down the neck whilst watching the rippers and comedian, back home for dinner on the table for 2:15 - and then a kip on the settee and trying to watch "Shoot" out of one eye:cool:
Wake up, quick wash and brush-up, bus down to the town for 7.
Another 6 pints before the 10:30 last orders.
Happy days.

Used to love me Sunday afternoon kip me like - was still an apprentice and living back home in the late 1970's.
All pre -all day opening like.
Up to Doxy Park clerb for 12 noon, and 6 pints down the neck whilst watching the rippers and comedian, back home for dinner on the table for 2:15 - and then a kip on the settee and trying to watch "Shoot" out of one eye:cool:
Wake up, quick wash and brush-up, bus down to the town for 7.
Another 6 pints before the 10:30 last orders.
Happy days.
Great wasn't it, god was in his heaven and all was well with the world :lol:

Was sat in the garden having a few this afternoon and the urge came over me. Get up stairs for 3 hours solid kip in bed.
The old feller did it every Sunday 12-2 boozer, dinner till 3.00, kip till 6.30, wash & shave then club at 7.00.

Is it a thing of the past ?

I couldn't split a drinking day up...but there again I've never tried it, might be ideal for all I know.

Was sat in the garden having a few this afternoon and the urge came over me. Get up stairs for 3 hours solid kip in bed.
The old feller did it every Sunday 12-2 boozer, dinner till 3.00, kip till 6.30, wash & shave then club at 7.00.

Unfortunately it is

My grandad did that. One Sunday he didn't get back up. Ever :(

No,back in the day I used to love the 12 till 2 Sunday session after playing Sunday League on the morning then a couple of hours in the pub,back home for dinner on a tray while watching Shoot before getting my head down then out for 7..
Never happened much once I got married like.
I'd rather just stay out.

I guess that used to be the norm in most working households in the 70's & 80's.
When i started work i got the old school guys telling stories about how Saturday mornings used to be part of the working week, something like 45 hour week. That was before any overtime was worked.
My dad used to do exactly as posted in the days when the WMC's were in full swing :lol::lol:.
Short straw drawn between us kids to see who had to go and wake him up....
Blue haze over the bed and no naked flames... proper Sunday dinner smells.:oops:.
You forget how dead Sundays used to be. Most pit villages were like ghost towns.

sunday morning footy, straight to club for the Golden Gallon 12-2, home for sunday dinner, bed for 3-4 hrs, quick bath/shower/wash and back out for 7 til sunday closing at 10.30. Religiously.

Back