Summer Streets 2022 confirmed

I think the rain was on and off all day. There was some good stuff on, Roxy Girls probably the pick of the bunch. Undoubted highlight of the day was when some whacky European brass band was on the main stage and part of the act was one of them throwing his boot into the crowd and someone throwing it back. He managed to stot it straight off a bairn's head.:lol:

I dunno if that's when I turned up? They were definitely f***ing weird and up for it but it was absolutely stotting down so I didn't stay long like

Following two years of Covid disruption, Summer Streets – Sunderland’s free hooplah of music, street performances and arts and crafts – will be back in its best clothes for 2022.

Organisers – headed up by The Futureheads’ Ross Millard – have confirmed that it will be taking place on Saturday, July 9 at Cliff Park, Roker.

And while the little scamps are keeping details of the musical line up wrapped up for now, they have revealed that crowds will be treated to a trio of performance stages, a melting pot of musical genres and bucketloads of activities and workshops for families to enjoy.

There will also be the opportunity to be taken into space. Sort of. Ross explains.

“We’re just finalising a few things, but the musical line-up will be announced in a week or so.

“It will feature the usual blend of community performers, up-and-coming bands and established performers. What I can say is that there will be some familiar names and a few new ones!

Following two years of Covid disruption, Summer Streets – Sunderland’s free hooplah of music, street performances and arts and crafts – will be back in its best clothes for 2022.

Organisers – headed up by The Futureheads’ Ross Millard – have confirmed that it will be taking place on Saturday, July 9 at Cliff Park, Roker.

And while the little scamps are keeping details of the musical line up wrapped up for now, they have revealed that crowds will be treated to a trio of performance stages, a melting pot of musical genres and bucketloads of activities and workshops for families to enjoy.

There will also be the opportunity to be taken into space. Sort of. Ross explains.

“We’re just finalising a few things, but the musical line-up will be announced in a week or so.

“It will feature the usual blend of community performers, up-and-coming bands and established performers. What I can say is that there will be some familiar names and a few new ones!
Think I know what that is. Will be a canny addition for families.

Back