Summer Streets 2022 confirmed

I thought it was planned to go back to Thompson park last time? And then cancelled anyway???

Or I've a rubbish memory.
The original plan was to move it to Seaburn for one year for the Tall Ships then move it back to Southwick.
Things have moved on, funding comes from different places and it makes more sense to have it in Seaburn. I'm a Southwick lad and loved the idea of it being there, but it's sensible to move it down the front.
There was a lot of input to the Tall Ships one from the people of Southwick. Certainly the bit I was involved in was all people from Southwick.
The year after the Tall Ships it was on Cliffe Park and the last two years were online due to Covid.

The original plan was to move it to Seaburn for one year for the Tall Ships then move it back to Southwick.
Things have moved on, funding comes from different places and it makes more sense to have it in Seaburn. I'm a Southwick lad and loved the idea of it being there, but it's sensible to move it down the front.
There was a lot of input to the Tall Ships one from the people of Southwick. Certainly the bit I was involved in was all people from Southwick.
The year after the Tall Ships it was on Cliffe Park and the last two years were online due to Covid.
Yeah I thought one of the covid ones was originally mooted for Thompson park again but that's probably just me confusing it with some people on here who were arguing for that.

Seaburn all the way for me. It was superb down there. A lovely family day out and accessible.

Yeah I thought one of the covid ones was originally mooted for Thompson park again but that's probably just me confusing it with some people on here who were arguing for that.

Seaburn all the way for me. It was superb down there. A lovely family day out and accessible.
The online ones were good considering the restrictions (although my blooper reel is probably better than my actual performance:lol:.)
I'm just glad it's on again, no matter where it is. Could have easily died a death so fair play to Ross for making it happen.

The online ones were good considering the restrictions (although my blooper reel is probably better than my actual performance:lol:.)
I'm just glad it's on again, no matter where it is. Could have easily died a death so fair play to Ross for making it happen.

It’s easily in my opinion the best free day out in Sunderland.
Superb atmosphere and kids love it.
I’m always blown away by the level of acts they get for free.
Paul Smith at the last one ( non online ) was great as always.

I was planning on saying that's odd I don't remember it returning to cliffe park, but was it the day it properly lashed down? I think I was working that day and went down after and it was just a small amount of hardy fools huddled together

I was planning on saying that's odd I don't remember it returning to cliffe park, but was it the day it properly lashed down? I think I was working that day and went down after and it was just a small amount of hardy fools huddled together
Yeah that’s right. Lovely weather then heavens opened. I took refuge in fat Buddha until it cleared up then Went back for paul smith.
Excellent day.

I think the rain was on and off all day. There was some good stuff on, Roxy Girls probably the pick of the bunch. Undoubted highlight of the day was when some whacky European brass band was on the main stage and part of the act was one of them throwing his boot into the crowd and someone throwing it back. He managed to stot it straight off a bairn's head.:lol:

It’s easily in my opinion the best free day out in Sunderland.
Superb atmosphere and kids love it.
I’m always blown away by the level of acts they get for free.
Paul Smith at the last one ( non online ) was great as always.
What sort of acts are we talking about??

What sort of acts are we talking about??

Other years we’ve had liked of Smoove & Turell, Frankie Heartstrings, warm digits, Dennis, Field Music, Little Comets and Pale White.

I know I repeat myself but it’s unbelievably great and it’s free.

I think the rain was on and off all day. There was some good stuff on, Roxy Girls probably the pick of the bunch. Undoubted highlight of the day was when some whacky European brass band was on the main stage and part of the act was one of them throwing his boot into the crowd and someone throwing it back. He managed to stot it straight off a bairn's head.:lol:

Mr Wilson's Second Liners? They're from the UK, one of them is from the north east. Wandering around festivals and events while playing is their thing so putting them on a stage lost most of the effect

Other years we’ve had liked of Smoove & Turell, Frankie Heartstrings, warm digits, Dennis, Field Music, Little Comets and Pale White.

I know I repeat myself but it’s unbelievably great and it’s free.
It`s always great to see music of whatever genre coming up here. The more the better.

Back