Stuttgart - Beer Festival

Been to Munich never Stuttgart. Like some of the other posters have put, some of the natives get the hump and think you are taking the piss wearing a faux lederhosen mind and you will stand out (they did in Munich with two of our party) probably best all wearing your SAFC shirts tbh. Enjoy

Outside of the festival, Anybody know if theres any decent areas to have a drink in? Like, maybes a cluster of bars quite close together. Cannot really get a feel for it from Google maps

Off here in September for one of my mates stag dos, and as the best man trying to just sort a few things out and organise some stuff. Figured there'll have been some folk from here attended, so hoping for some advice on the below. Tried googling but sometimes hard to get to the bottom of it all through the million sites offering "package deals for stags" 🙄. Cheers in advance for any help

1) we've got a a tent booked for one of our days, but another we were thinking of winging it - basically seeing what we fancy doing and trying to get in without a booking and queuing a bit. This possible or bookings imperative?

2) do the tents just sell beer, or do any sell spirits or cider (some of the lads don't like beer)

3) I know it's a cliche but the groom wants us all to wear Lederhosen, anybody done this? Will we be okay just getting the cheap-ish ones from fancy dress sites or will we be expected to buy the proper stuff for the bigger price?

4) outside of the festival, any other recommendations for things to do, places to go/see in Stuttgart? There for three nights so plenty of time.
We're going here this October
I have been before but previously went on a Mon / Tue and didn't book anything.
We're going fri / sat now so will have to book a table for probably the Fri night.

There are 7 of us so have to book a table of 10 - works out about 90 euro each - which you get as table credit .

Can the credit be used the next day in the same tent or does it all have to be used that night do you know ?

I don't know I'm afraid, we only done the one night and we basically used everything we had that night.

What I would say is that the tent and experience is one of the best things i've ever been to. Amazing atmosphere, quality beer, good bait and generally just one massive, happy, feel-good party. You're very lucky to be going mate.

I don't know I'm afraid, we only done the one night and we basically used everything we had that night.

What I would say is that the tent and experience is one of the best things i've ever been to. Amazing atmosphere, quality beer, good bait and generally just one massive, happy, feel-good party. You're very lucky to be going mate.

Did you end up doing the fancy dress lederhosen 🤔

Did you end up doing the fancy dress lederhosen 🤔
We didn't, we all wore ridiculously shit shirts.

Which I guarantee 99% of the SMB will hate for it's "bantery-ness", but it was good craic and nearly everybody loved and talked to us about, was a decent convo starter.

Was loads of people there in lederhosen like, although whether it was proper or fancy dress I'm unsure. @Wild Card might recall better

Which I guarantee 99% of the SMB will hate for it's "bantery-ness", but it was good craic and nearly everybody loved and talked to us about, was a decent convo starter.

Was loads of people there in lederhosen like, although whether it was proper or fancy dress I'm unsure. @Wild Card might recall better
What. A. f***ing. Wanker.

You & your mates ;)

I can remember some of the frauleins that's about it. I think most was an ok/decent standard, mainly because they were locals who probably didn't use Amazon. I don't recall any really crap lederhosen but then again wasn't really looking.

The Germans were largely spot on and would go out of their way to talk/help you out. Good people.

The hangover the next day was out of this world. Kept on being sick in the airport only for the Germans to announce the plane was delayed. Eventually got to Schiphol and the plane was massively delayed again. It was likely the obscenely strong large jack Daniels and coke I had after the festival that done it, rather than the beer. Which was decent.
Also, the Germans swap your rooms about in your hotel when you are really drunk.

Special thanks to @Morny for ensuring I found my room and made my flight. Led me like a man leads a chimp.

Last edited:

Back