Stuttgart - Beer Festival

Daily mail saying oktoberfest and Christmas German markets may be scrapped due to the energy crisis. Hate to be the prophet of doom on here but I'd suggest you check

Cheers, hopefully its more of a case of some industries will be scaled back and the DM has thought what will resonate with the Brits? and went with the beer fests and Christmas markets.

Cheers, hopefully its more of a case of some industries will be scaled back and the DM has thought what will resonate with the Brits? and went with the beer fests and Christmas markets.
Hopefully you're right to be fair. Be nice if it was just clickbait. It's pretty bad on the continent at the moment but the local economies will need the money especially after covid cancellations.

One to keep an eye on

Off here in September for one of my mates stag dos, and as the best man trying to just sort a few things out and organise some stuff. Figured there'll have been some folk from here attended, so hoping for some advice on the below. Tried googling but sometimes hard to get to the bottom of it all through the million sites offering "package deals for stags" 🙄. Cheers in advance for any help

1) we've got a a tent booked for one of our days, but another we were thinking of winging it - basically seeing what we fancy doing and trying to get in without a booking and queuing a bit. This possible or bookings imperative?

2) do the tents just sell beer, or do any sell spirits or cider (some of the lads don't like beer)

3) I know it's a cliche but the groom wants us all to wear Lederhosen, anybody done this? Will we be okay just getting the cheap-ish ones from fancy dress sites or will we be expected to buy the proper stuff for the bigger price?

4) outside of the festival, any other recommendations for things to do, places to go/see in Stuttgart? There for three nights so plenty of time.
Morny, you've got mates who don’t like beer & want to wear fancy dress?! You need new mates. Sack them off & there’ll be few cool as fuck SMBers will come with you to make sure you have a class time & don’t look like a berk.

Morny, you've got mates who don’t like beer & want to wear fancy dress?! You need new mates. Sack them off & there’ll be few cool as fuck SMBers will come with you to make sure you have a class time & don’t look like a berk.
I mean, I suspect after a weekend of
drinking German beers that it won't be my mates making me look like a berk

It is just absolutely brilliant. Only downside is the mammoth hangover for 3/4 days afterwards

Oh aye, did 3 days solid (didn't wear stupid Lederhosen mind) and on the 4th had to drive us home for 7 hours. RAF

Christmas markets are class as well, the smells, Jagermeister, loads of laughs, was brilliant.

Last edited:
Alright fellas - anybody with experience of Stuttgart recommend any decent areas to go drinking? Not particularly bothered about 'trendy' type bars, just a few decent bars with atmosphere, ideally located relatively close together so not spending all weekend walking about from place to place

Not done Stuttgart but know German beer festivals pretty well. Would agree with most of what is said on here.

1 - Don't wear fancy dress lederhosen. You'll look like a helmet and the locals won't be shy in telling you so. They're receptive to people wearing the proper stuff though. Again, I don't know about Stuttgart but Munich has loads of second hand Tracht shops and you can even pick them up in TK Maxx and the middle aisle of Lidl. Still looking at 3 figures for the full shebang though.

2 - The waitresses carry a million maĂź of beer at once. If you start ordering other stuff it makes their life difficult and you'll find it suddenly hard to catch their attention for another drink. If you're going to be awkward make sure you tip well on the first round or you might end up thirsty. Cider isn't massively a thing. Spirits are rarely served as long drinks but you'll get away with ordering shots and a soft drink and doing a diy.

3 - Have a listen to some drinking songs on Spotify. A good laugh if you can sing along. If in doubt get your head around "Ein Prosit" as you'll be hearing it every 30 minutes.

3 - Have a listen to some drinking songs on Spotify. A good laugh if you can sing along. If in doubt get your head around "Ein Prosit" as you'll be hearing it every 30 minutes.
On one of our trips one of the lads made up a chorus to this of "You've just shat in my cocoa, you've just shat in my tea." :lol:
We joined in every time it was played and when we were away another year, a lad who hadn't been previously asked "How do you know the words?":lol:

On one of our trips one of the lads made up a chorus to this of "You've just shat in my cocoa, you've just shat in my tea." :lol:
We joined in every time it was played and when we were away another year, a lad who hadn't been previously asked "How do you know the words?":lol:
Class :lol:

Love how people go to these things expecting it to be all oompah bands but 90% of the time it’s euro shite like the below:

Not done Stuttgart but know German beer festivals pretty well. Would agree with most of what is said on here.

1 - Don't wear fancy dress lederhosen. You'll look like a helmet and the locals won't be shy in telling you so. They're receptive to people wearing the proper stuff though. Again, I don't know about Stuttgart but Munich has loads of second hand Tracht shops and you can even pick them up in TK Maxx and the middle aisle of Lidl. Still looking at 3 figures for the full shebang though.

2 - The waitresses carry a million maĂź of beer at once. If you start ordering other stuff it makes their life difficult and you'll find it suddenly hard to catch their attention for another drink. If you're going to be awkward make sure you tip well on the first round or you might end up thirsty. Cider isn't massively a thing. Spirits are rarely served as long drinks but you'll get away with ordering shots and a soft drink and doing a diy.

Aye, feel like Lederhosen is my big dilemma at the minute as the Stag is very keen on it.

Cheers for teh advice, will bear it in mind.

Buy it before you go it's a fortune in DE
Yeah, we would I reckon but thing is it's been quite an expensive stag do, so don't want to go to folk and say "here, fork out a pricely sum on proper lederhosen you're only gonna wear the once". Even though the fancy dress will look a bit naff, hopefully we might get away with it (probably not like).

Yeah, we would I reckon but thing is it's been quite an expensive stag do, so don't want to go to folk and say "here, fork out a pricely sum on proper lederhosen you're only gonna wear the once". Even though the fancy dress will look a bit naff, hopefully we might get away with it (probably not like).
You won't the proper stuff is quality tbf

Not sure on Stuttgart but the proper one in Munich you need to pay for tables in the tents in advance if not you're in the gardens

Back