Stupid Names for Bairns - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keawyeds

Striker
Just seen on twitter, one of our own has named their child "Roker Lee".
Now, I'm a MLF as I'm sure you all are, but isn't this going a tad far?

It would be like one of the Mags calling their kid "Saint James" (guarantee that's happened) or a smoggie calling their brood "Ayresome".

Each to their own like, but even I'd say that's bordering on child abuse.

HOWEVER. It may just get round my golden rule for naming a child.
He may very well be able to get a keyring with his name on it from a shop.

When we went to see Moana, I did wonder if there would be any 2017 babies called Moana or Maui.

Me ma was school nurse in Hendon and Southwick where she unfortunately had to deal with a number of peasants.

One came in for a pre school medical and gave the child's name as "Gooey".

How are you spelling that asked me Ma? G. U. Y. said the peasant

On another occasion, when asked if John Smith had any middle names she was informed that his middle name was KITKAT

Me ma was school nurse in Hendon and Southwick where she unfortunately had to deal with a number of peasants.

On another occasion, when asked if John Smith had any middle names she was informed that his middle name was KITKAT

Jesus Horatio Christ on a Bike.
That IS child abuse

Well, that just takes the ....... Oh never mind.

Kitcat is a surname (the head of Blyth submarine base during WW2 was Commander Kitcat), and sometimes parents use the maternal surname - past or present - as a middle name for their kids to keep the name going. Maybe (and I hope) that's what happened in this case.

Obviously the pronunciation of Kitcat doesn't show the spelling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back