Stupid Names for Bairns - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think d'Brickashaw takes some beating.

Although that's what you'd probably get if you laughed at him, seeing as how he's six foot six and twenty two stone of ex-American footballer.

Not current but there was a kiddie born of two chemically enhanced space cadets back in the early seventies from Hendon iirc who named their offspring Astralflash.
As in Astralflash Smith.

Logon or register to see this image
Logon or register to see this image

What the hell is that disaster?!
d'Brickashaw Ferguson - Played for the New York Jets. Apparently his mother named him after the character played by Richard Chamberlain in 'The Thorn Birds' - Father Ralph de Bricassart.

I think something got a little lost in translation.......

There's another one, Peerless Price, who was apparently named after a furniture removal company.

Americans, dontcha just luvvem.....

My wife works in a school in Walker and there are 2 sisters who are called
Tia Marie and Chardonnay. They have a brother called Steven which doesnt match the alcoholic theme.

She did say there was a kid called Blaken White but I think she was taking the piss......

My other half (no) is a children's nurse.

My favourite so far in 2017 was twin girls called Dream and Desire.

At the point shite like that gets announced some hower should be on the phone to the social!

Friend of mine has just called their kid Chris. I mean haway that's cruel as anything.

The only way Roker would ever be acceptable is when the surname is Park surely? Or Park-Pond...or Beach or Sea-Front. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just seen on twitter, one of our own has named their child "Roker Lee".
Now, I'm a MLF as I'm sure you all are, but isn't this going a tad far?

It would be like one of the Mags calling their kid "Saint James" (guarantee that's happened) or a smoggie calling their brood "Ayresome".

Each to their own like, but even I'd say that's bordering on child abuse.

HOWEVER. It may just get round my golden rule for naming a child.
He may very well be able to get a keyring with his name on it from a shop.

nah. It would be like one of the mags calling their kid James after St James'. I quite like the name Roker Lee.

My other half (no) is a children's nurse.

My favourite so far in 2017 was twin girls called Dream and Desire.

At the point shite like that gets announced some hower should be on the phone to the social!
When I worked at the Child Benefit office a long, long time ago, I once had to deal with a claim for two Pakistani twins called Nishit and Shital.

Obviously the names mean something totally different in Urdu as to how they sound when spoken with a North-East accent.

Not current but there was a kiddie born of two chemically enhanced space cadets back in the early seventies from Hendon iirc who named their offspring Astralflash.
As in Astralflash Smith.
My sister used to work in child benefit in Washington, there was also twins born in'69 called Moonrock & Lunar Landing Shane...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back