Gyrodave
Haughty Susan
The Panoflex
Lid O'Toole
Elasto-Ken
Quintopolus
Salty Eric

Last edited:

While I'm very pleased for Harry Arter and his wife for their new baby, particularly after sadly losing their last one, I'm disappointed that they have named the girl...

Raine.

FFS man...

When I worked at the Child Benefit office a long, long time ago, I once had to deal with a claim for two Pakistani twins called Nishit and Shital.

Obviously the names mean something totally different in Urdu as to how they sound when spoken with a North-East accent.

They'd have to be home schooled. Imagine to going to any school in the north east with a name like that.

On another occasion, when asked if John Smith had any middle names she was informed that his middle name was KITKAT

Did he only have four fingers?

When I worked at the Child Benefit office a long, long time ago, I once had to deal with a claim for two Pakistani twins called Nishit and Shital.

Obviously the names mean something totally different in Urdu as to how they sound when spoken with a North-East accent.

We had an offshore IT person at my last job with the unfortunate name of Seema Shitole.

I jest not.

Last edited:
The General Register Office says there are no restrictions on parents - except for exceptional cases, such as a name which could be deemed offensive, when an official could refuse to register it.

In New Zealand, however, the names Lucifer, V8, Christ and Messiah were rejected along with Fish and Chips (for twins) Yeah Detroit and Sex Fruit...although they allowed Number 16 Bus Shelter! :lol::lol:

In Sweden, there is a law preventing parents from naming their children Metallica and Elvis. And in Norway, a woman was thrown in jail for two days for giving her child the unapproved name Gesher aka Bridge.

Maybe that's the way forward?:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back