Strong beers/ales/porters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely, never had a bad one yet.

I do like the local ales though, two by two, almasty and anarchy brew.

Two by two have started to do cans now

Cloudwater had a year or two of being extremely mediocre recently and seem to have picked back up.

About 4-5 years ago they were truly outstanding.
Their DIPA is absolutely lush. Had an 11% stout at at their taproom in Manchester over Christmas- nicest stout I’ve ever had. Was like liquid Christmas cake

Did they do another Christmas Cake Impy with To Ol? Usually ends up brilliant.

Last edited:

Old Street sort of area.

You always were a disappointment.

Do you mean Hoxton and then up to Shoreditch? That's not really Hackney but I'll find you some pubs that sell craft beer.
Favourites of mine:

Others:

Last edited:
You always were a disappointment.

Do you mean Hoxton and then up to Shoreditch? That's not really Hackney but I'll find you some pubs that sell craft beer.
Favourites of mine:

Others:

Pretty much east of where Old Street loops Southwards. Does say Hackney on the map but willing to accept that there may be some local nuance which means it isn't.

Pretty much east of where Old Street loops Southwards. Does say Hackney on the map but willing to accept that there may be some local nuance which means it isn't.

There's also a Goose Island pub on the corner where Great Eastern St meets Shoreditch High St but it's probably a bit sterile. See also the Crown & Shuttle which has a decent selection of craft beer but I'm barred from there and it's full of absolute wankers.

There's also a Goose Island pub on the corner where Great Eastern St meets Shoreditch High St but it's probably a bit sterile. See also the Crown & Shuttle which has a decent selection of craft beer but I'm barred from there and it's full of absolute wankers.

Hmmmm. Too far South that imo.

What's going on here then?

This lad knars ^

When we go day drinking in Newcastle we usually start off with a few heavy ones from Newcastle Tap and HOS.

I can’t stand pilsners and most IPAs so stick to places I can get stouts, porters, sours and fruit beers. Can’t find raspberry Bacchus anywhere mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back