Strong beers/ales/porters

dangermows

Striker
Sampling a few of the Town Mouse delights. Got one on that is 15%. I'm fan of these rare and often stronger slurps but that's flying into wine territory surely!? Be a canny short session on that.

The ones I've had recently come in wine size servings though. Not really the sort of stuff you want to be drinking in pints.

Aye most of these places do two thirders, which I prefer when having these types. Still, wouldn't be getting amongst many that are into double figures.

They've got a superb DIPA in, which is a pathetic 7.2%.

I’m right into the sour beers that all the beer ponces are drinking now. ( what does that make me ? :lol: ) Brewdogs OverWorks Brewery have been pushing some absolute crackers out at around 10% - based on porter/stout, but the sour beer process gives them a right twang. Gorgeous stuff - but savoured in moderation!

Had a one called 3 bean stout by Lervig Brewery at Craft Beer Calling last year. One of the best beers I’ve ever tasted. 12% but only got 250ml. Was more like drinking cake than beer.

Tiny Rebels birthday this Friday so fair few places having a take over. I know they're no longer a cool brewery as supermarkets have now started selling their product but they do some tremendous porters.

Got a pass out by the missus even though its valentines day (Just have to make sure I don't come home before her bit on the side leaves LOL).

Aye most of these places do two thirders, which I prefer when having these types. Still, wouldn't be getting amongst many that are into double figures.

They've got a superb DIPA in, which is a pathetic 7.2%.

Had an 8% one in this little place in Copenhagen yesterday that was fantastic. Manage to work through a litre of the stuff though and felt a bit worse for ware afterwards (it was preceded by copious volumes of Schnapps).

Tiny Rebels birthday this Friday so fair few places having a take over. I know they're no longer a cool brewery as supermarkets have now started selling their product but they do some tremendous porters.

Got a pass out by the missus even though its valentines day (Just have to make sure I don't come home before her bit on the side leaves LOL).
Perfect excuse to get absolutely bladdered on Clwb Tropicana

:lol: :lol:

I lived in Aus for 14 months. I'm English though so I will stick with English terms.

Caramel version is very nice.

Never even seen that. Tried the Irish Cream one...not for me

Can’t remember the name of the brewery, Stone maybe, there’s a stout called WootStout which is quite nice. Very expensive in HOS but I got it cheap from a craft beer shop.

Nothing and I mean nothing beats Kentucky Breakfast Stout by Founders though

Last edited:

Back