Strangest thing you've ever witnessed at the match?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A (very) stray shot went down one of the access tunnels in the South Stand, into the concourse. Everyone in the stadium looks over waiting for someone to go down and get it, and out runs some bloke in a full Spiderman costume with the ball.

And IIRC he was being chased by the Pink Panther.

even though i was there i'll still give you a full :lol:.
all the pissed up fans cheered, the rest sat in stunned silence.

A circus clown windmilling Burnley fans outside their gound, Reidy's first season.

Milton Nunez's unveiling to the Stadium of Light. You couldn't tell with the club officials of the time if what they did was a joke or not. They once had a stretched limo bring in an Elvis impersonator...for some reason.

A (very) stray shot went down one of the access tunnels in the South Stand, into the concourse. Everyone in the stadium looks over waiting for someone to go down and get it, and out runs some bloke in a full Spiderman costume with the ball.

And IIRC he was being chased by the Pink Panther.

it was the time delay that did if for me. seemed to take ages. everyone mumbling where the fucks the ball and out runs spiderman :lol:

A few years ago at the old Britannia pre match this lad has just struggled to get back to the crush barrier without spilling any of the four pints he was carrying. Sunderland player warming up takes a shot its tipped onto the top of the bar by the keeper it then hits the top of the fence and crashes into the 4 pints covering both the lad and his mate.

Wouldn't be Si73 would it?

Nearly forgot about the lad escaping from Police custody at Wimbledon.

That was the funniest thing i ever saw. Oh and seen my first streaker that day as well. Match totally spoilt that day!

Wasn't there once a limo driven down towards the dugouts at the SOL. PA building it up fans all thinking who the fk have we signed only for an Elvis impersonator to get out of the car. (Sure it was Elvis) it was a massive let down. We were all expecting Jan Koller or Robbie Keane!

Racecourse Ground Wreham late 70s.

Massive queues to get in. Lad in front busting for piss, mate gives him an empty Marvel catering size tin(!). Take lid off, starts to fill tin. Plod starts walking down queue, lad stops, zips up and puts lid on tin. Once plod past, zips down lid off and starts again.

Control or what?

Wasn't there once a limo driven down towards the dugouts at the SOL. PA building it up fans all thinking who the fk have we signed only for an Elvis impersonator to get out of the car. (Sure it was Elvis) it was a massive let down. We were all expecting Jan Koller or Robbie Keane!

Versus QPR, first game of the 105 point season

A few years back when we beat Wolves 5-2 under Bruce:

Gordon saved a shot only for it to bounce off Mensah and in, the Wolves players run off celebrating and everyone knew they had scored apart from the Wolves fans who had no idea. It must have been about 4-5 seconds after the goal when they finally realised, completely surreal watching the opposition score and seeing their fans not acknowledge it for a few seconds. :lol:

i was going to post that, just f***ing mental, seemed an eternity before their fans celebrated:lol:

Another would be watching A bloke dressed as a mexican on a donkey being chased by 4 coppers after a London Game last season.

went for a piss at Norwich this season, only the cubicle left, proceeding to piss, midstream and 2 blokes walk into the cubicle and start pissing away next to me....i didnt know what to f***ing say or do:lol:

Last edited:
Chelsea fans ripping up there own bench seating to use as spears, milk cup semi, a great night out

Back in the early 60's at a derby game at Sid James before supporter segregation, there was an argument between a toon supporter and one of ours in the Gallowgate end. After a while, the toonie took a bottle of tomato sauce out of his pocket and poured it over the other guys head and shoulders. There was no bother, everyone from both sides just pissed themselves laughing. how times have changed

I saw a half time penalty shoot out between Timmy Mallet, a Sven-Göran Eriksson look alike and a person in a six foot tall testicle outfit, with pubes on it.

I don't remember being warned that it was about to happen, never has this half time entertainment been bettered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back