Strange compliments

First time I met the missus she was wearing a sort of 60’s style mini-dress like the lasses on the USS Enterprise wear.

I told her she looked like something from Star Trek. She just looked at me sternly and said ‘Oh, really?’, and that’s when I realised she was coming at it from another angle.

Anyway, it only took a couple of years before she forgave me and we started to go out, so all’s well that ends well.

I played a gig at the Swanage Blues festival a few years ago, instead of the 'nice drumming mate' some bloke wandered up and said ' that was a lesson on dynamic and technical ability' It just really caught me off guard as he'd obviously thought about it....and I couldn't think of anything to say other than 'thank you' and stood there a bit awkward. I felt like Garth in Wayne's world.

I treat packing my groceries very seriously like. All laid out in categories on the belt so easy to sort into bags properly and efficiently. Proper OCD carry on.
The packaging process begins the minute I enter the shop, making sure the stuff I want out the trolly first is easily accessible and not hidden away..

Happened every time I have had blood taken/a drip put in my arm (not often thankfully) - the nurse has complimented me with something along the lines of "oooo haven't you got lovely veins?"

The lady at Bolton Starbucks said I smelt very nice - asked me which aftershave it was , wrote it down and said she was getting her husband some for his birthday !!!

And bizarrely a weird amount of ladies comment on my fingernails*…… (me neither !)

* mentioned this to the missus and she said they were lovely - I honestly don’t get it . They’re fingernails ffs.
Fingernails must be trimmed and filed othewise there's no chance of giving a good fingerblasting

The lady at Bolton Starbucks said I smelt very nice - asked me which aftershave it was , wrote it down and said she was getting her husband some for his birthday !!!

And bizarrely a weird amount of ladies comment on my fingernails*…… (me neither !)

* mentioned this to the missus and she said they were lovely - I honestly don’t get it . They’re fingernails ffs.
A shop assistant in Fenwick’s complimented me on my “fragrance” before Xmas
Strange as I didn’t have any on!!

Was in Jamesons on Thursday and a woman in the toilets said she liked my dress, I said oh it’s from next but not recent. She then proceeded to grab the bottom of the dress and say ‘give me that dress’ in a strange voice 😂

Serves me right for drinking in Jamesons

A shop assistant in Fenwick’s complimented me on my “fragrance” before Xmas
Strange as I didn’t have any on!!
Must be your natural aroma mate 🤣 you need to bottle it and sell it .
Was in Jamesons on Thursday and a woman in the toilets said she liked my dress, I said oh it’s from next but not recent. She then proceeded to grab the bottom of the dress and say ‘give me that dress’ in a strange voice 😂

Serves me right for drinking in Jamesons
Apologies - that was me in the toilets - Thursdays my drag day ………

Last edited:
When I was at university I was interested in a lass who lived with my best mates GF. She made subtle enquires and was told “ yeah he looks good looking until you get up close” 😂

Low-resolution fox.

I'm good-looking till Google earth zooms in to Google Streetview.

Back