Strange compliments

Remember in my mock geography GCSE there was a question on evaporation and rainfall and the teacher read my answer out and told me to stop trying to be a clever shit in the exams because my first thought wasn't heat, evaporation, cloud formation, precipitation . It was minus temp, no evaporation etc, etc. wasn't trying to be an arse just have a broken brain.
I got humiliated at school once when our English teacher started laughing out loud while she was marking our work in class. We'd had to read Of Mice and Men and pick actors to play the parts, but base it on how we saw the characters. I'd forgotten who I had picked for Lenny but it was my choice for George that had caused her to laugh. Similar to the teacher shouting "Po-ems everybody" to get the laugh from the class in the Pink Floyd video she shamed me in front of the whole English class. I hadn't tried to be funny and I genuinely thought of this character, albeit playing a non-comedy role as many comedy actors do these days. Robin Williams was superb at it. So she's trying to compose herself and tell the class my ridiculous choice of actor to play George Milton and she's in hysterics again but she finally manages to cough out the words RONNIE CORBETT and then buries her head in the books in hysterics. Of course the whole class laugh too and I have to pretend to laugh but I couldn't see why as it was a genuine best answer from me.

Still, she did then later run off with the headteacher who looked like Bluto from Popeye and left her young kid behind with his dad... which I didn't laugh at.

Apart from an audiologist saying I had the cleanest ear canals he's ever encountered I rarely garner compliments.
@BiG we should team up. You with your rectum, me with my ears, we are possibly the cleanliest wonders of modern medical science.
Ever thought of doing a booth at an old fashioned seaside fun fair?
There may be fame and fortune awaiting.

Suck it up you other posters. Off to the BIG time.

I really don’t think it would be wise for you to put your ears anywhere near my rectum mate but i appreciate the interest.

My ex once said I reminded him of a Pre-Rapaelite painting (got more than a few prints on the walls) and before I could feel flattered he added 'because you look so bloody miserable'. 😕😁
We're you lying in the bath looking half drowned at 5he time too.
My youngest daughter makes lady ga ga look normal with her outfits and hat's (she did fashion design at uni), quite a few years ago we were at the galleries and she had one of those hat's on like a round plant pot with a brim (Charleston hat?) And this woman who was quite pretty and fashionable comes up to her and says " Your hat is absolutely fabulous " Which I thought was a strange compliment.
Hey, although I can't remember, that could have been me, I can't resist a stylish hat.
Honestly I wish someone was here to compliment me on my farting. I’m releasing some right corkers and I’ve only the dog to look disgusted
Good job Pearl can't type 😁

Last edited:
The lass at Aldi Till 1 Redcar branch , who I have had my eye on for a bit, has been promoted to supervising the self serve department.
If you get something dead light, then the self serve superviser has to come over and press a special button, as the weight doesnt register, so I have been applying those tactics since Christmas. Getting a box of Dominions sweets.
Anyway, on Thursday night I had my new disco dancing t-shirt on, and when she came to assist me , she said " ooh I like your t-shirt , you look very .... sporty " She was fluttering her eyelashes at me as well ( they are long enough to sweep the street)

Now she is known as a bit hard faced, so even the security guard in there shouted out to her, "are you doing some customer insight "

I must admit, I was getting a bit moist.

The lady at Bolton Starbucks said I smelt very nice - asked me which aftershave it was , wrote it down and said she was getting her husband some for his birthday !!!

And bizarrely a weird amount of ladies comment on my fingernails*…… (me neither !)

* mentioned this to the missus and she said they were lovely - I honestly don’t get it . They’re fingernails ffs.

The lady at Bolton Starbucks said I smelt very nice - asked me which aftershave it was , wrote it down and said she was getting her husband some for his birthday !!!

And bizarrely a weird amount of ladies comment on my fingernails*…… (me neither !)

* mentioned this to the missus and she said they were lovely - I honestly don’t get it . They’re fingernails ffs.
Some blokes fingers look like they buried someone but forgot the shovel

That wasn't quite how I'd imagined it to be honest. No offence.
That's the beauty and diversity of thought.

Give one bloke a block of stone and he'll remove the excess and leave you with a beautiful sculpture.

Give the same block to another fella and he'll clad your house and take £30k off the value.

When we were on holiday in Cyprus one year with our then three year old son, we were at a Greek night in the hotel. Queueing up for the food the lady in front who was a dead ringer for Esther Rantzen turned around to speak to the bairn he was genuinely enamoured and proclaimed quite loudly “Me likes yours big teeth”. We were absolutely decked but trying not to laugh and pretending we hadn’t heard 🤣😆🤣😆 🙈

From the age of about 14 till my late 20s a couple of my mams friends would always say " you've turned into a good looking lad because God you were an ugly baby".
Unfortunately now, I've reverted back to baby type.

I treat packing my groceries very seriously like. All laid out in categories on the belt so easy to sort into bags properly and efficiently. Proper OCD carry on.
I do. Fridge stuff in this bag, dry goods for a dark cupboard in this one, bathroom stuff in this one. Makes sense and much more efficient

As the bag gets fuller the items get lighter in weight.

Last edited:

Back