Stotty Cake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooooh y'just reminded me - got a couple of stotties in the freezer, from last time I was in God's country long enough to buy some :eek:

i had one with grilled cheese. I'm gonna have to wack on some chicken like porridge said... oh i'm hungry now! :eek:

Ham and pease pudding
Cheese savoury :p
Or ripping lumps off a stotty with a git big bowl of broth and dumplings :D
I think out of all the things I miss about Sunderland (family, friends, SAFC), the stotty ranks right up there :cry:

sausage, bacon and egg
with lashings of red sauce!
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Cheese savoury mix from Greggs for me. Close second would be ham and pease pudding.

Do Greggs still do the cheese savoury????

Bassa's I've been wanting a good old stotty cake with Ham & Pease Pudding for years, alas you can't get anything like them over here in Oz...... :cry:

Anyone know another name for them I always get strange looks when trying to describe them to the bakery ??

SFMackem said:
Cheese savoury mix from Greggs for me. Close second would be ham and pease pudding.

Do Greggs still do the cheese savoury????

In the NE for certain, though there are regional variations on what they sell - not sure stotties go outside the NE for instance.

(Stotties are FANTASTIC, by the way.)

The nicest one for me is either Greggs Egg and Bacon with tomato relish or hot bacon and egg with grates cheese and tom sauce!! Mouth is watering

a breakfast 'belly buster' stotty from the hill cafe on westgate road

a hollowed stotty filled with bacon, sausage , mushroom, egg , beans and black pud

liberally smothered with tom sauce

you know it makes sense :wink:

bobby shinton said:

a hollowed stotty filled with bacon, sausage , mushroom, egg , beans and black pud

I can feel me cholestol level rise just reading that but your right it makes sense

bobby shinton said:

I'd hate to have to carry that basdad if it can bust bellies in Newcastle :wink:

I used to put a mince pie in mine when I was a schoolkid. Having spent 15 years living in the south of England I could never understand why the didn't sell them down there, particulary at Greggs

Add your own preference of meat with stuffing and pease pud.

I wish there was an Ibbitsons down here cos I'd be their biggest customer. Last time I came back with nearly 100 quids worth of meat, baps stotties/pease pud in two cool boxes and my family of vultures ate it all within one day.

Is it true that they're called stotty cakes cos you have to stott them off the deck when you're neading them??? :? I have I just made that up??? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back