Storyville. The hijacker who vanished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I liked the credible seeming lad at the end who had access to the FBI case files who said that thousands of people had put forward similar suspects.

My guess would be all of the suspects on the show are false leads and the real bloke died in the attempt. Old romantic that I am.

Mental. Hadn't heard about it before. Class viewing, and the fella was cool as owt.

Had heard of him and I’m watching it right now. Like a good mystery me. The new Mysteries Unsolved on Netflix is good too. Watch the one about the woman who was found dead from a single bullet in a Oslo hotel room. It’s worth an hour out of your life marra if you have Netflix.

My guess would be all of the suspects on the show are false leads and the real bloke died in the attempt. Old romantic that I am.
Yup, I agree, except, I am 50/50 on the death, though jumping into thickly forested terrain in the dark isn't the best idea 😳

Very good programme. Seen a similar docu on DB Cooper a few years back.. Not as good as this mind.

My suspects in order

1: Florida widows hubby
2: Copy cat

a miles behind 3: It was my uncle

and even further back 4: sex change man/woman/man.

Grassed up by his marra.. what a b*****d! :lol:
The grass descended from the West Midlands area marra I’ll bet.

Mental. Hadn't heard about it before. Class viewing, and the fella was cool as owt.

I remember this being featured in some tv show, maybe it was Criminal Minds? they resolved that the air stewardess was in on it with him
I liked the credible seeming lad at the end who had access to the FBI case files who said that thousands of people had put forward similar suspects.

like the men who escaped from Alcatraz, great film with Eastwood, and flowers washing up on the shore... could they have made it? that bloke in Papillon did similar

Last edited:
Yup, I agree, except, I am 50/50 on the death, though jumping into thickly forested terrain in the dark isn't the best idea 😳
I’m thinking when he sent the lass up front he had a jumpsuit and crash hat or summet in a bag And changed into them. Mebbes an accomplice was on the plane? Maybe the nieces other wild uncle? Mebbes he got off with the hostages leaving his bag on?
The money nivver being spent tends towards the he died theory. Though the washed up river cash needed human help to get there. Mebbes someone found his body and took the money?

Last edited:
the air stewardess
Tina mucklow? Lives in a nunnery nowadays 🙏
I’m thinking when he sent the lass up front he had a jumpsuit and crash hat or summet in a bag And changed into them. Mebbes an accomplice was on the plane? Maybe the nieces other wild uncle? Mebbes he got off with the hostages leaving his bag on?
No need for an accomplice, it was a simple hijacking with an unusual finale, he had it planned but it wasn't a complex plot.

Last edited:
Tina mucklow? Lives in a nunnery nowadays 🙏

No need for an accomplice, it was a simple hijacking with an unusual finale, he had it planned but it wasn't a complex plot.
Jumping off into the night in a suit n loafers seemed a somewhat bodged ending though? Taking the “note” back to keep his handwriting sample is planned, paying cash for tkt is planned, wig n sunglasses planned etc. leaving the fags is pre dna knowledge but surely they’d have finger prints? The glass ditto. It’s a mixture of a great plan and a half plan.

Nunnery? Hmmm. Guilt? Theres always been an inside job theory. Maybe the money came off with the crew?

Last edited:
Jumping off into the night in a suit n loafers seemed a somewhat bodged ending though? Taking the “note” back to keep his handwriting sample is planned, paying cash for tkt is planned, wig n sunglasses planned etc. leaving the fags is pre dna knowledge but surely they’d have finger prints? The glass ditto. It’s a mixture of a great plan and a half plan.
I wouldn't say it was a complex plan, cash for the ticket back then was commonplace, sunglasses isn't exactly criminal genius, he may or may not have worn a wig, the FBI made a few fuck-ups with fingerprints, I have jumped in trainers that's not a big deal, it's the heavily wooded night jump that wasn't the good idea, but who knows.

Maybe the second parachute was only partly to make em think he was taking a hostage? Maybe it was also there for an accomplice who may have had to step in if things got out of hand with the passengers or crew kicking off?
I wouldn't say it was a complex plan, cash for the ticket back then was commonplace, sunglasses isn't exactly criminal genius, he may or may not have worn a wig, the FBI made a few fuck-ups with fingerprints, I have jumped in trainers that's not a big deal, it's the heavily wooded night jump that wasn't the good idea, but who knows.
Yer spoiling it marra!

Last edited:
Maybe the second parachute was only partly to make em think he was taking a hostage? Maybe it was also there for an accomplice who may have had to step in if things got out of hand with the passengers or crew kicking off?
He asked for four chutes, the FBI would naturally assume he was taking a hostage/hostages, if he had asked for a single chute then it would have been easy to sabotage it and spoil his day 😳

Yer spoiling it marra!
4 parachutes wasn’t it? 4 onboard the plane when he jumped.

I reckon he never jumped, he hid on the plane somewhere and then left it when the coast was clear.
I reckon he never jumped, he hid on the plane somewhere and then left it when the coast was clear.
(chucked a couple of parachutes and one of the cash bundles off that the kid found - clever stuff, they were looking for a jumper / a dead man but he did neither).
You know that folks stowaway on planes, they wouldn't have searched the plane with a fine toothcomb as they presumed he'd jumped off it (and the scrambled jets saw nowt on the radar either).

Last edited:
I reckon he never jumped,they wouldn't have searched the plane with a fine toothcomb as they presumed he'd jumped off it (and the scrambled jets saw nowt on the radar either).
Plane was searched meticulously by the FBI when it landed as they suspected explosives may have been left, plus the crew still on board felt reverberations that indicated someone had left mid-flight.

He asked for four chutes, the FBI would naturally assume he was taking a hostage/hostages, if he had asked for a single chute then it would have been easy to sabotage it and spoil his day 😳

This.

(chucked a couple of parachutes and one of the cash bundles off that the kid found - clever stuff, they were looking for a jumper / a dead man but he did neither).
You know that folks stowaway on planes, they wouldn't have searched the plane with a fine toothcomb as they presumed he'd jumped off it (and the scrambled jets saw nowt on the radar either).

It was searched thoroughly apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back