Storyville. The hijacker who vanished.

It’s all true. Years ago I knew a couple of lasses from Sacramento who told me about it. They thought it was the bloke who got done for doing it again. They also mentioned it possibly being alcatraz linked anarl!
I saw the tale end of it last neet. I’ll watch it again. Every suspect that came up I thought was him. The niece was a tad tidy for her age though her story seemed a bit weak. I’m leaning towards the old birds dead husband who went digging on their hols or the lad who got Away with it again.

Last edited:
First heard about this case a couple of years ago on a podcast and subsequent new evidence in new podcasts.

The documentary was really well done by storyville, good to put faces to names and locations of the story. I thought the Robin Hood thread was a good theory as to why the hijack is still in people's minds nearly 50years later. He beat the system with courage, wit and planning.

I still maintain the best evidence for who he was is from the widow whose husband seems to have left a lot of clues after his death, the magazine in the safe etc.

Just not sure if this mystery will ever be solved.

Read a lot about this years ago, and followed it for a good while afterwards. IIRC the money, or some of it was found near a river which may indicate he didn't make it. Or was this part of a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. :)

Read a lot about this years ago, and followed it for a good while afterwards. IIRC the money, or some of it was found near a river which may indicate he didn't make it. Or was this part of a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. :)
4 or 5 suspects on the show. One had taken his wife from Florida to the area in oregan where the money washed up 6 months later. The money was knackered. The wife reckoned he’d gone digging alone one morning and lobbed a bag of rubbish into the river which the show reckoned wouldve been carried by the river to where tha knackered notes were found six months later. I think it was six months later.
The feller who copy catted the hijacking later and the fbi found the $500k under his bed has to be favourite.

4 or 5 suspects on the show. One had taken his wife from Florida to the area in oregan where the money washed up 6 months later. The money was knackered. The wife reckoned he’d gone digging alone one morning and lobbed a bag of rubbish into the river which the show reckoned wouldve been carried by the river to where tha knackered notes were found six months later. I think it was six months later.
The feller who copy catted the hijacking later and the fbi found the $500k under his bed has to be favourite.
The rubbish in the river bloke was my favourite, the copy cat was just that.

Very good programme. Seen a similar docu on DB Cooper a few years back.. Not as good as this mind.

My suspects in order

1: Florida widows hubby
2: Copy cat

a miles behind 3: It was my uncle

and even further back 4: sex change man/woman/man.

Grassed up by his marra.. what a b*****d! :lol:

Last edited:

Back