Storyville. The hijacker who vanished.

He asked for four chutes, the FBI would naturally assume he was taking a hostage/hostages, if he had asked for a single chute then it would have been easy to sabotage it and spoil his day 😳
I know he asked for four chutes. Asking may have had multiple reasons: hostage and/or accomplice if accomplice had been forced to reveal them selves.
His clip on tie was left. It had chemical traces that are very rarely found together outside of an aircraft manufacturing situation. Boeing were based in Seattle. Maybe that was a false lead? If it was his own tie surely he would’ve just chucked it out of the plane along with the briefcase? I think his plan went a bit awry late on. Fags, brief case, glass should’ve been slung out regardless of him jumping or hiding.

This.

It was searched thoroughly apparently.
Was it surrounded the moment it landed in the dark with the steps down? i think the crew stayed in the cabin until they landed. He may have jumped off a lot later than they thought if they did.
If it was the Florida widows husband who went back on holiday with her maybe he’d hidden the money in oregon and deliberately left the damaged notes to stir things up again as the rubber bands used perish within a year of being open to the elements. Maybe he even had it all in Florida and took it back with them just to see his job back in the papers.

Had heard of him and I’m watching it right now. Like a good mystery me. The new Mysteries Unsolved on Netflix is good too. Watch the one about the woman who was found dead from a single bullet in a Oslo hotel room. It’s worth an hour out of your life marra if you have Netflix.

I should probably put this on the unsolved mysteries thread, but if you like that sort of thing you might find the Iskdal Woman interesting - the BBC did a joint podcast series with the Norwegians about her.

Did you watch the show?
Not that particular one no, I'm just trying to think of all eventualities - it would take a proper loon (but one will paragliding experience) to hijack a plane and throw himself off mid flight - no body found, most of the money never recovered....some folks think he survived and I couldn't think of any other angle that could have been a slight possibility.
It's an odd story certainly, but there have been folks claiming to be him or that reckon they know who he is etc.

Back