Stocks n Shares ISA

I have a vanguard 60% as well i think. Last year took a hit, but as said peaks n troughs over time. Mine will be in for 20 years alongside pension.
We do Vanguard at the same amount
So if someone has 30k to invest for the next 7 years or so.

Where would people put their money?
Dep on a house for buy to let.
Got 6 now do very well with the returns.

Last edited:

Yet others say because of tax changes buy to let aren’t as profitable now ?
Holiday lets seem to be latest boom
Morally abhorrent too, we now have massive rent poverty & a generation that can not afford to buy. Boomers pulling up the drawbridge behind them & ruining towns & villages. It's the worst thing that has happened to this country over the last 3 decades or so. Blairite/Tory dog eat dog ideology gone mad.

Morally abhorrent too, we now have massive rent poverty & a generation that can not afford to buy. Boomers pulling up the drawbridge behind them & ruining towns & villages. It's the worst thing that has happened to this country over the last 3 decades or so. Blairite/Tory dog eat dog ideology gone mad.
Spot on mate. Greedy grubby spawn of Thatcher.

Don’t check it at moment 😆
So who was the bell end that just ignored that advice? Me that's who :). I just keep thinking that its long term as I'm down on my two Vanguards, actually now a bit lower than the amount I've put in. So from a virtual £8k "profit" to a loss. It will pull itself together at some point I hope. Just as well I don't need the money out at the moment.

I've moved into a Vanguard 60 from 40, took a bit of a hit on it but a good time to get in I reckon. Also gone 3k on gold to hopefully keep it on a level.

So who was the bell end that just ignored that advice? Me that's who :). I just keep thinking that its long term as I'm down on my two Vanguards, actually now a bit lower than the amount I've put in. So from a virtual £8k "profit" to a loss. It will pull itself together at some point I hope. Just as well I don't need the money out at the moment.
loads will be similar, wouldnt worry too much as will come back eventually, even if not for another year or so , does show though the value of anyone luckily enough to have a final salary pension

This. Some prick I see on linkedin keeps bragging about his buy to lets, and I'm turning this property into a doss house (sorry - HMO) etc. I want to punch his fat face in.

Yet others say because of tax changes buy to let aren’t as profitable now ?
Holiday lets seem to be latest boom
We have a job in Garstang for 31 timber frame lodges built for holiday lets, its took 3 years to get through planning, Wye borough twats, and then it turns out the business plan looks like a 13% net return, with a 2 year borrow repaid, so yes i agree, but flitty's gonna have to manage it, or we sell it, cos i aint gonna be a house maid.

Next week will be interesting to see if today was another pump to draw a bit more cash out of the retail investors before it drops again. It could rally for a few weeks as seen in March before dumping. Or I could be clueless and the market is out of anyone's analysis.. If you've got cash it's a decent time to average down or jump in when you think it may be bottoming. (Almost impossible to predict also)

Next week will be interesting to see if today was another pump to draw a bit more cash out of the retail investors before it drops again. It could rally for a few weeks as seen in March before dumping. Or I could be clueless and the market is out of anyone's analysis.. If you've got cash it's a decent time to average down or jump in when you think it may be bottoming. (Almost impossible to predict also)
Where’s the cash gonna go though if not in the stock market. When it drops a bit that’s the time to invest.

Markets and my portfolio seem to be slowly recovering.

Is anybody holding cash and having inflation anxiety? If so what are plans for your cash?

My Premium Bonds have won a few times this year giving me a better return than a savings account but without the risk of the value going down.

I don’t feel the effect of inflation eroding value in real terms so I don’t worry about it.

Markets and my portfolio seem to be slowly recovering.

Is anybody holding cash and having inflation anxiety? If so what are plans for your cash?
Keeping some as part of the mix, but shifting a large percentage into selected stocks: most for dividends; a few for perks that work out better for me than the dividends would.

Back