Stocks n Shares ISA

The one thing a financial advisor cannot tell you is the ONLY thing you need to know.

"If i give you 50k now will you give me 70k in 10 years?

"Well the value can go uo as well as down"

"Thanks you can go now you have been no help whatsoever.

The one thing a financial advisor cannot tell you is the ONLY thing you need to know.

"If i give you 50k now will you give me 70k in 10 years?

"Well the value can go uo as well as down"

"Thanks you can go now you have been no help whatsoever.
No-one can tell you that you divvy. Not even Warren Buffet as even he doesn’t have a crystal ball.

And like Select Coaches said above that would be a shit return anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
This man can see the future!

I’ve just logged in to see the damage on my Vanguard account. I wish I hadn’t.

Thank you Liz Truss.
I'm famous for it mate. See the bitcoin thread!

My mates used to ask what dogs I was backing when we used to go to the track - so they they put their money elsewhere :lol:

But I'll hold firm, its a long term investment.

But that's all you need to know and they can't tell you.

It's a bit like a joiner who is allergic to wood.
You know why? Because they can’t predict when some twat is going to fly a plane into the world trade centre or that some Chinese fella fancies bat for he’s tea.

If you read my posts in the pensions thread that started around pandemic time you’ll see how a financial adviser can help though. Much like this. Providing reassurance mainly to avoid investors making costly knee jerk decisions based on a 10 months of instability that’s arisen due to a global pandemic, a war, Brexit fallout all happening at the same time.
And in the last ten years while Jeffrey’s money has been nailed under the floorboards or in his Barclays Bank Cash ISA making 0.1% a year everyone else’s stocks and shares ISA’s will be averaging 5-10% per annum over that time depending on risk despite a little slide downwards in 2022. I know where I’d rather be.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know why? Because they can’t predict when some twat is going to fly a plane into the world trade centre or that some Chinese fella fancies bat for he’s tea.

If you read my posts in the pensions thread that started around pandemic time you’ll see how a financial adviser can help though. Much like this. Providing reassurance mainly to avoid investors making costly knee jerk decisions based on a 10 months of instability that’s arisen due to a global pandemic, a war, Brexit fallout all happening at the same time.
And in the last ten years while Jeffrey’s money has been nailed under the floorboards or in his Barclays Bank Cash ISA making 0.1% a year everyone else’s stocks and shares ISA’s will be averaging 5-10% per annum over that time depending on risk despite a little slide downwards in 2022. I know where I’d rather be.
You seem to be angry. Calm down man it's just a post on a message board not a meeting of the IMF.

Oh and you have no idea where my investments are placed or their value or how they are currently doing.

Right, off to check my penny jar to see how I am doing today

Life Strategy 100, 80, 60 and a world one that I can't remember. I was made redundant from the Civil Service a while ago, and I was a highly paid SCS 1, so I had a lot to invest as I got a big payoff.
I have all 3 and the 80% is doing the worst of the lot.
How are yours ?

I have all 3 and the 80% is doing the worst of the lot.
How are yours ?
Exactly the same. I'm not sure that's how they were advertised - wasn't the 100 supposed to be most risky? :lol:

Lets see what happens this time next year. Hello FCA - I've a complaint to make :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Aye I opened a 60 for the missus and assumed the 100 high risk would mean bigger gains in good times and bigger falls in the crashes .
Think hers is down nrly 15% 🤦‍♂️

Feels like a good time to buy for me (even though you can get a ‘safe’ 4% from savings)

Jamie Dimon (JPM) was predicting the other day that he saw a good chance shares could fall another 25% by next year. Got to be in for the long haul as it's scary to look at the drops so far this year! Need a few rabbits out of hats to start any reversal of fortunes.

You seem to be angry. Calm down man it's just a post on a message board not a meeting of the IMF.

Oh and you have no idea where my investments are placed or their value or how they are currently doing.

Right, off to check my penny jar to see how I am doing today
No need to check the penny jar fella. It’s worth the same as the last time you counted it

Wise words apart from “ a little slide downwards” , it’s more than a little slide if the truth be known.

Back