Stocks n Shares ISA

It's that time of year again. Probably do S&P 500 UCITS ETF VUSA for mine and 100% equity life strategy in the wife's name. Have others in the life strategies and have taking a bit of a pounding over the last month. Don't have the time, inclination or knowledge to do anything other than use these types of product. Similar with the retirement account, adventurous targeting flexible.

Nah mate, sorry I haven't. Wondered if you had a bad experience and were warning folk off!
been fine for the one i opened for the missus , easy to use and follow
I am well positioned in that my investments are a side-bet for my retirement, and long term for my son.

I’d be a nervous wreck if my retirement depended on the stock market. I’d probably invest in BTL instead.
most people with DC pensions (rather than final salary) rely on stock market, that's how the funds work , reckon about 2/3 of folk with a pension it will be a DC pension

Last edited:
been fine for the one i opened for the missus , easy to use and follow

most people with DC pensions (rather than final salary) rely on stock market, that's how the funds work , reckon about 2/3 of folk with a pension it will be a DC pension
I, the same mate. Found Vanguard easy to use, just wanted to know if there was some horror story before we go nuts deep again this year.

The vanguard one? if so how's it doing, we haven't made our investments this year yet but I fancy the S&P 500 ETF
HSBC but they're all pretty similar, given they're doing the same thing. It has ups and downs but I've never been negative on it. If you're investing for retirement/long term they're a pretty safe bet. I just put money in every month

I am well positioned in that my investments are a side-bet for my retirement, and long term for my son.

I’d be a nervous wreck if my retirement depended on the stock market. I’d probably invest in BTL instead.
Get taxed all owa the place, your knowledge of the right areas, prices, demand etc would have to be top notch. It’ll help if you’re handy & can do all the shit that could go wrong, then you’ve got to pay for stuff like boilers, leaky roofs, void periods. Then you’ve got to deal with idiot tenants. I’m an accidental landlord & it’s isn’t fun. Easier if you have half a dozen or more by all accounts:

HSBC but they're all pretty similar, given they're doing the same thing. It has ups and downs but I've never been negative on it. If you're investing for retirement/long term they're a pretty safe bet. I just put money in every month
Aye, we have already got 4 S&S ISA's with vanguard, tend to just put the max in before the tax year ends (I know should do it at the start of the year really, might do that as well this year as we have sold a buy to let house). The US stock market has averaged 10% growth every year for the past 57 years or something the S&P 500 tracks the top 500 us companies but the companies are constantly evaluated for performance etc. Vanguard have a global index fund too I noticed.
My choices at the momant are VUKE and BERI.

I'm happy with both for the long term.
Is VUKE FTSE 100? Sorry what's BERI?

Last edited:
Nah mate, sorry I haven't. Wondered if you had a bad experience and were warning folk off!

Vanguard only sell their own funds. Other platforms such as HL, Interactive Investor, Freetrade etc allow you to buy Vanguard and many others.

I would say Vanguard funds are well regarded but only use their platform if you only want their funds. Other providers have more diversification.

Get taxed all owa the place, your knowledge of the right areas, prices, demand etc would have to be top notch. It’ll help if you’re handy & can do all the shit that could go wrong, then you’ve got to pay for stuff like boilers, leaky roofs, void periods. Then you’ve got to deal with idiot tenants. I’m an accidental landlord & it’s isn’t fun. Easier if you have half a dozen or more by all accounts:
Aye we sold ours for fear of getting absolutely shafted on CGT in the future. Did well with tenants though, nice house and lovely area. Two tenants in 6 years.
Vanguard only sell their own funds. Other platforms such as HL, Interactive Investor, Freetrade etc allow you to buy Vanguard and many others.

I would say Vanguard funds are well regarded but only use their platform if you only want their funds. Other providers have more diversification.
Aye mate, they have enough diversity for me. Don't have the time, knowledge or inclination to go off piste so to speak.

Last edited:

Back