Stewart Donald masterstroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, SD followed up that quote of yours with "That's the deal we've agreed with Ellis" or words to that effect. As far as I'm concerned it's a bit like if someone asked me how much I bought my house for, me saying "£75,000" even though it was mortgaged for the majority of that. Their deal was £40m. Short originally wanted it all up front but after realising the club finances weren't exactly as they had been portrayed by Short, the new owners rearranged it to pay in 4 installments: £15m up front, £5m after a year, £10m after two years and £10 after three years.

I‘ve quoted what he said. Fans listened to that. He only changed the wording after CM stepped in. He was asked by Jeff Brown what the figures were ‘as so many had been bandied about’ and he said he’d given ES £40m, is that what he said?

Parkinson has succeeded despite Stewart Donald, not because of him.

Our recent success is welcome and positive, yet this cannot overlook the fact he has made some horrendous decisions in running this club and told some daunting lies along the way.

Even if we get promoted there can be no change to my position that he needs to sell up and move on.

Appointing Parkinson when 96% of (Twitter-based) fans flat out didn't want him.

Thank the stars SD knows what he's doing and doesn't listen to the opinions of internet gobshites.

Wish he'd stay, I do.

Too early to say...if we get promoted I would agree, otherwise not

Which doesnt change the fact I was right

So why didnt you do it if it was so easy? God people talk some shit.

They are the best and worst thing about the club.....Outside the little bubble of precious fans everybody in football (including much of the fanbase) knows this is true.
The best thing about This club is our wonderful fans .

The worst is how we have been ran and the odd tit like you

Appointing Parkinson when 96% of (Twitter-based) fans flat out didn't want him.

Thank the stars SD knows what he's doing and doesn't listen to the opinions of internet gobshites.

Wish he'd stay, I do.

Can I just say a massive well done for stirring up every single negative kernt on here. We were just starting to see some positivity back on here at long last!

😭😭😭

No it's all just misinformation as far as I can tell.

The parachute payments thing was the alternative option to Short leaving the club with £25m debt to SBC. It works out exactly the same as if he had left us with the debt. They weren't used to buy the club, they were used to pay that debt. The confusion came in, I believe, because after taking over, the new owners rearranged the payment plan to Short so that instead of paying £40m in one go, they were paying £15m up front, then £5m after a year, then £10m after 2 years and £10m after 3 years. Some folks saw the £15m up front and £25m for the debt as being the £40m for the club, but as far as I can tell that's wrong. Happy to be corrected if anyone knows for sure, but that's my understanding of it and nobody has corrected me yet with actual proof when I've said it in the past on here.

The owners have supposedly put something like £20m-£30m of their own money into the club in addition to the purchase price, to pay things like legal bills and legacy transfer fees.

The £10m loan was to Madrox (not to the club) with the entire club as the guarantee, which is around the 30th time in the past 50 years that an owner of ours has done this but it has never ever been an issue before.

Sorry for laughing earlier. I'm just trying to work out what you think Stewart Donald has personally put into SAFC. What's the total figure you think he has personally put in, including purchase price..?

Donald and company have told lie after lie and have finally been found out to be frauds. He's delighted that the team is doing well for the simple fact that it takes the heat off him. If they'd kept their distance, like they are now, from social media and these podcasts, they wouldn't have so much hatred towards them.

However, the fact that they used the parachute payments to pay for the club, have invested very little if anything of their own wealth and now want to sell up for £40/50 million quid without putting anything back into the club to repay the parachute payments, they can all get lost for me.

Not to mention the 10 million loan from the Americans with the clubs assets as the guarantee.

It's now completely clear that they wanted to make a quick profit which hasn't worked out. If we're not careful we could end up having a similar problem to what the likes of Charlton, Blackpool and most recently Bury have had.

Hopefully they will not be greedy and sell up soon to the most stable interested party.

Loads of waffle based on stuff you have read as fact and passed off as fact.

He’s not using any of the players he brought in, just saying.
Was using Wright every maych until he was injured. Semenyo has had a couple of subs bench appearances as has Lafferty. The Rat has made an appearance or two.

Which other of the "any players has he not used, just saying

Parkinson has succeeded despite Stewart Donald, not because of him.

Our recent success is welcome and positive, yet this cannot overlook the fact he has made some horrendous decisions in running this club and told some daunting lies along the way.

Even if we get promoted there can be no change to my position that he needs to sell up and move on.
Horrendous decisions? Can you expand - just curious, not looking for an argument.

I give Parkinson most of the credit because of how he turned the team around after his brutal start.

I think it's impossible to know how a manager will perform prior to the appointment. If it was that easy, the top teams would never get it wrong.

However, he did make the right choice, whatever the circumstances. So, he does deserve credit because whatever the reasons, it has worked out great so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back