Stewart Donald down the Seafront today

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has stated he has never known such an outcry from the Sunderland Support because we havent signed anybody yet, tbh niether have I. Theres nobody there at the club at the minute, the doors are locked so nobody is playing are gelling with anybody, most transfers are subject to June 30th / July 1st start and end dates, he has publically said that there is 1 coming in tomorrow and maybe 3 more...LISTEN TO WHAT HE IS TELLING US
+1000

Im getting off here , its doing me nut in.

I know one thing for sure, the club is in a shit state atm on and off the park. Bad news / doom mongering in the press all the time, fans as split as I can ever remember by the whole situation and still stuck in division 3.
It may all be a storm in a tea cup but it makes grim reading on here, I would class myself as a really positive person and poster but something is really starting to feel amiss with the whole thing.

If we sell big John, Donald can get fucked as far as I'm concerned. Never in a million years are the small monetary gains going to be worth the risk, I said just a few days back I only give a shit about McGeady and the keeper, to read they are possibly up for sale has me fucked off.

Spot on, if he goes then we will know that we are scraping around for pennies. Trying to sell a player to swap for a free transfer.

Didn't we do the same with Mannone and Bain was actually bragging about how shrewd he was there? Glad that worked out.

I hope its not happening again. Would we have even made mid table without his contributions last season. He was instrumental in us staying in play off spot.

Selling him would be non sensical.

Anyone who watched the 3 keeper's we had in the 2nd relegation season can appreciate that

Unless Donald has come down with the same bug as that Jim Carrey got in Liar Liar, I'll make my own mind up. I don't see why we should believe everything he tells us.
Aye, but you chose to believe that he was so hammered last night that he couldn’t speak at the charity function and that he left his family for his current mrs. Both have been proven to be incorrect - maybe you should start giving him the benefit of the doubt sometimes.

Plus, I’m pretty sure it wasn’t a bug that Jim Carey caught in that film. ;)

I know one thing for sure, the club is in a shit state atm on and off the park. Bad news / doom mongering in the press all the time, fans as split as I can ever remember by the whole situation and still stuck in division 3.
It may all be a storm in a tea cup but it makes grim reading on here, I would class myself as a really positive person and poster but something is really starting to feel amiss with the whole thing.

If we sell big John, Donald can get fucked as far as I'm concerned. Never in a million years are the small monetary gains going to be worth the risk, I said just a few days back I only give a shit about McGeady and the keeper, to read they are possibly up for sale has me fucked off.

He has stated the Club is in a fantastic state finacially, who you believing here then? Somebody else other than the person that owns the club?

Yes, I am listening and the takeover was expected to be done by now and they are trying but the longer it goes on its clear it's not happening. They need investment and they need to be clear on that. It's absolutely effecting the ability to operate in the transfer market, anyone who thinks it's not is a bloody idiot. We need some serious signings. Players back this week.

Lots of work to be done. Less sound bites and more action in the market.
Stuff’s obviously happening in trying to get players in though. Didn’t you say we’d had three players up at the AOL? And we offered contracts to Downing and Nelson. So I guess it’s not all on hold pending the takeover?

Another summer of turmoil once again , when did we last have a normal summer transfer window. Cant even compete with teams in league 1 yet we get told we will easily have the biggest budget I think the owners need to be careful when they say that there clearly putting cattermole and oviedo wages into that when really most people probs think we have alot of financial resources at this level to get players in
:lol:

Selling him would be non sensical.

Anyone who watched the 3 keeper's we had in the 2nd relegation season can appreciate that

Would be a huge risk. He is in his last year so will get fuck all for him anyway.

I think it will be a great indicator of where we are, like @samaistonsrightfoot said if we sell him we will know where we stand with finances and how much bullshit we are being fed.

Just going to throw this out there;

What are these rumours about JM and Aiden? Are we looking to get rid? These are very worrying if true!! @stewartdonald3 thanks for last night but this is the worry the fans are having at the moment and suggests the intent of the club.

Stewart's reply...

According to rumours we have already lost out on 86 transfer targets, we won't sign a player all pre season. Now we have rumours about these two. Modern football is just full of people making up rubbish, trying to look like they are ITK. We are not trying to get rid

He has stated the Club is in a fantastic state finacially, who you believing here then? Somebody else other than the person that owns the club?
Do you believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy?
The point I’m making is that everything you’re told isn’t true.

In a way I could probably understand if Mcgeady went (as much as I'd want him to stay). We don't want his wages on the books so financially would make sense if he went.

McLaughlan on the other hand would be totally inexcusable. He's on small, league 1 wages and happy here and was one of our best players last season. Selling him would convince me we are desperate for funds, however small, or however short term. All while the owner tells us all on podcasts we have the best finances in the football league.

Normally I wouldn't suggest selling a player would be such an indicator of major problems, but in his case I just don't see it any other way. Hopefully it's all bollocks and he stays.

Last edited:

I've defended him all season, I've taken his word as gospel. If, and it's still an if the shite about McLaughlin is true I really would struggle to believe we are in a fantastic financial state. The whole buzz around the club is worse than a year ago, it's worrying and it shows on here and among people I talk to IRL.

He has stated he has never known such an outcry from the Sunderland Support because we havent signed anybody yet, tbh niether have I. Theres nobody there at the club at the minute, the doors are locked so nobody is playing are gelling with anybody, most transfers are subject to June 30th / July 1st start and end dates, he has publically said that there is 1 coming in tomorrow and maybe 3 more...LISTEN TO WHAT HE IS TELLING US

All of the above has nothing to do with my comment you quoted.

What is GOM being asked to do that is unethical that he should take a bow for ?

Being "in the know" puts me in a very difficult place. It's utterly unethical for me to be the conduit for the release of commercially sensitive unpublished information (whatever its source), be that transfer rumours, financial details or anything else. I never comment on anything not already in the public domain for that reason.

In a way I could probably understand if Mcgeady went (as much as I'd want him to stay). We don't want his wages on the books so financially would make sense if he went.

McLaughlan on the other hand would be totally inexcusable. He's on small, league 1 wages and happy here and was one of our best players last season. Selling him would convince me we are desperate for funds, however small, or however short term. All while the owner tells us all on podcasts we have the best finances in the football league.

Normally I wouldn't suggest selling a player would he such an indicator of major problems, but in his case I just don't see it any other way. Hopefully it's all bollocks and he stays.

Spot on, could understand McGeady going to save wages, selling McLaughlin would be pointless at best and tell a very different tale to the one we've been fed imo.

Being "in the know" puts me in a very difficult place. It's utterly unethical for me to be the conduit for the release of commercially sensitive unpublished information (whatever its source), be that transfer rumours, financial details or anything else. I never comment on anything not already in the public domain for that reason.
Did the lad offer any evidence that what ever he was alleging (I’m not after details on that) was credible and that he would be in a position to know whatever it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back