Stewart back in 3 games, same as Ballard

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve consistently either lied when players will be back to fitness or got it wrong every time over the last few years. Stewart back after the World Cup, simms out for a game or two ended up ended up being 2 months, broadhead last season, the list is endless.
how did they lie when they said stewart would be back after the world cup?
he isnt back now and the world cup is still on?
Medical matters are delicate,...they get asked questions by journalists looking for a headline and give general answers (like "after the world cup which is a period if time almost infinite in its scale)

how did they lie when they said stewart would be back after the world cup?
he isnt back now and the world cup is still on?
Medical matters are delicate,...they get asked questions by journalists looking for a headline and give general answers (like "after the world cup which is a period if time almost infinite in its scale)
8 weeks was what was said. It’s been well over 8 weeks. If it was a one off then that would be fair enough but it’s consistent with every injury we seem to get.

8 weeks was what was said. It’s been well over 8 weeks. If it was a one off then that would be fair enough but it’s consistent with every injury we seem to get.
whio said 8 weeks and when?
and players have different recovery times and periods...they cant be precise..

whio said 8 weeks and when?
and players have different recovery times and periods...they cant be precise..

6-8 weeks.
As I said that would be fine if it wasn’t happening with every injury we seem to get. Something is amiss.

6-8 weeks.
As I said that would be fine if it wasn’t happening with every injury we seem to get. Something is amiss.
so thwe quote you linked to doesnt say 6-8 weeks..its says 6-8 weeks or longer dependiong on his rehabilitation...which is what has ha[[ened. No one can be very precose about those matters-mowbray wasnt.

He pulled his thigh muscle. It’s got absolutely nothing to do with it only being a light warm up.
It does. He did it as part of the warm up… They do this after they’ve done their pre-stretching, so the body in theory should be more warmed & stretched than if he did it getting out of bed. Helluva tear for 12 weeks out too.

It does. He did it as part of the warm up… They do this after they’ve done their pre-stretching, so the body in theory should be more warmed & stretched than if he did it getting out of bed. Helluva tear for 12 weeks out too.
Are you implying he hasn’t been injured and this whole scenario has been made up because he’s away in January?

Are you implying he hasn’t been injured and this whole scenario has been made up because he’s away in January?
I have no inside info so have no idea. Highly doubt it.

I played football for best part of 20 years. Pulled countless thighs, calves, hams. Never did one keep me out for more than 6-8 weeks… normally 2 or 3. I only played for fun once a week & often played without warming up or down afterwards too.
I wonder if he aggravated a training injury he/SAFC thought was ‘fine’ tho.

I thought it was 6 months with option of extra 12 months
yes but its safcs option..ie if the club wants to take the option it can..and as the club would want to take the option its effectively 18 months
Just say we don’t know then instead of guessing.
then it qwould be "how can they not know other clubs always know(even when they dont..

its just people whose lives arent going to plan coming on here to transmit negativity..they dont actually matter

Last edited:
Has anyone ever wondered how, when a footballer picks up an injury, a club is able to predict how many weeks he'll be out ?

how the f*ck does that work ?

Has anyone ever wondered how, when a footballer picks up an injury, a club is able to predict how many weeks he'll be out ?

how the f*ck does that work ?

*Easy, if you have, say a broken bone, it is roughly 6 weeks for a bone to heal (had a few myself over the years)

*Unless it's a thigh muscle then it's completely unpredictable 🙄

im sorry, are we talking about the real world or fm2023 ?

every human body recovers at different rates, even assuming the seriousness of a particular problem can be assessed accurately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back