Steven Gerrard

He’s spent alot of money for that league(you’d think rangers would learn after going bankrupt) but soon as they sell Moreles(spelling?) in the summer they’ll recoup their spending.
I reckon he has another season in him up there, if they don’t win the league he’ll walk away as it’s a pressure cooker in Glasgow with those clubs.

Two comments stick out on this thread “he’s done brilliant at Rangers” and “he’s over achieved”.

The fact is he’s consistently come second in a two horse race, he’s won absolutely nothing and last season he gained 3pts on Celtic, the way this season’s going that gap is only going to get bigger. Can’t see where all the praise is coming from tbh.

I think he will be. All that matters up there is stopping Celtic. That’s all Rangers fans will judge him on.

They’ll turn against him. Pal of mine was there tonight and he’s whatsapped me, Rangers fans already starting to turn, accusations of him being one dimensional, lost the dressing room etc...
So pretty much what was happening at SMB during the Rochdale second half, when the team slowed down and Parky didn't make any substitutions

Liverpool are currently 22 points clear at the top of the premier league. It’s not uncommon for one team to be dominant in a domestic league.

I had expected Rangers to kick on this season under Gerrard mind you.
Nail on the head a one horse race in England effectively Celtic are 7 points clear given Gers will win their game in hand still a long way to go.

He's done brilliant at rangers.
Brilliant at Rangers is winning trophies.

Bottled it after the winter break two seasons in a row.
He’s spent alot of money for that league(you’d think rangers would learn after going bankrupt) but soon as they sell Moreles(spelling?) in the summer they’ll recoup their spending.
I reckon he has another season in him up there, if they don’t win the league he’ll walk away as it’s a pressure cooker in Glasgow with those clubs.
Yep which gets lost in a lot of the discussion. Despite how good defoe is he's now the highest paid player in Scotland and he's 38
Yep which gets lost in a lot of the discussion. Despite how good defoe is he's now the highest paid player in Scotland and he's 38

Last edited:
Rangers got 78 points last year and he's very likely to beat that. So they've improved and they're actually competitive in matches against Celtic.

The sad thing though for me is getting schooled by Neil Lennon. I honestly thought when Rodgers left that would've be the opening Rangers needed, when they beat Celtic last month they acted as if they already won the league.
Gerrard came across quite disrespectful in the way he shook Lennon's hand and the overall over-exuberant celebrating. Looks like its come back to bite them in the arse

I think that defeat at Hearts the other week shook his self confidence and the team's. He said he was shocked at the time at how his side lacked the bottle when it was needed.

They were poor against Stranraer, had a result at Hamilton that hid the true story (winning 4-1 looks good, but going into the last 10 minutes at 1-1 tells something different) and once again threw away a lead against a side who did nothing more than outwork them.

At least Gerrard fronted up to what he sees as his own failings as well as his players. If he's thrown the team under the bus, he's jumped in with them too. He knows he was brought in to stop 9 in a row. Now 10 in a row looms on the 2021 horizon as well as a 4th successive treble this season.

If the future's bright, then it seems the future's not orange.

Liverpool are currently 22 points clear at the top of the premier league. It’s not uncommon for one team to be dominant in a domestic league.

I had expected Rangers to kick on this season under Gerrard mind you.

Has the Scottish league ever been any different when both Rangers and Celtic have been in it?

Gerrard has done a decent job. Just look at the European results

I think he'll go on to be a decent manager

Even winning titles with the old firm is hardly indicative of being great manager, and certainly in no way means you're going to be successful South of the border.

Souness, Walter Smith, Alex Mcleish all won titles, cups etc in Scotland, how did they get on in England?

Think Gerrard should've gone the route Lampard did and taken a Championship club. Scotlands a bit of waste time unless you take a club like Hibs or Hearts etc.

Just wait until they are invited into the EFL.

Will never ever ever happen

people have been saying wait for this to happen for as long as I can remember (40 odd years)

it will never happen
Has the Scottish league ever been any different when both Rangers and Celtic have been in it?
Fergie broke their dominance in the 80's, winning it 3 times in 6 years, quite impressive to think he broke both the Old Firm hold on the Scottish League and Liverpools on the English

nobody else has won it since

Last edited:

Back