Steve Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
It probably did for him.
perhaps he was one of the brain dead spastics that thought it was a good idea to chant "you fat geordie bastard, get out of our club". I wouldnt be surprised. when I heard that chant, I was embarrassed for those doing it.

Steve Bruce cane here wanting to do the best for the club whether some people like it or not. Hes a north east man and during his time in charge of us, always came across as a decent fella. He was treated awfully by a section of our "support".Good luck Steve.

If he'd been sacked at the end of the 2010-11 season as he probably should have been, I'd imagine the vast majority of us would have wished him all the best, but he went on like an absolute wanker in his last few months here and was constantly having pops at the fans, hence our "awful treatment" of him.

The support Bruce got here considering how many bad runs we went on was brilliant. A few chants in the last game v Wigan were more than deserved. The way he acted since he was sacked has been nothing short of pathetic. Constant digs, Lies about being abused for months, using the media to make our fans look bad. I didn't mind him but cannot stand the man now.
This in a nutshell. I didn't dislike him until he started this pathetic press campaign against the fans. He's got the ear of the national press, and he's milked it to put the boot in at every opportunity. Coming out with stuff recently about our fans throwing knives at him, was a low as it gets. If this was true, why was it not all over the press at the time?

No-one would object if that's what he did. His idea of defending himself is to demean our club and support. He was sacked because of results - that's it. The crowd turned in his last game. That isnt unique to safc or men from Corbridge.
It's very unique in that Bruce is a long way from being our worst manager yet got more stick than any boss I can remember and we've had some terrible ones!
Don't dispute he got sacked because of results and contrary to popular myth on here Bruce never once said he got the boot for being a Geordie either.
What killed him were the Derby results,the lopsided results in his 2 full seasons and the final nail was that the mags were unexpectedly flying in his last season whilst we were struggling.This all lead to the unsavoury chants and ultimate dislike.

No he doesn't. He gets asked a question in a press conference about us and answers it.Feels hard done by getting sacked like every manager does and it's just a cold plain fact that we are a helluva lot more hung up on him than other way round. Just look at the now probably 1000s of posts about him!

Do you think his sacking here was justified?

He's looking a bit red in the face, either been in the current, been hitting the drink or his blood pressure is through the roof. Maybe all three!
Heart Attack waiting to happen. he looks as though he's having trouble breathing in that suit. Seriously.:eek:

The grief he got was unwarranted for the most part and was down to where he came from. He had completely lost the crowd by the end which affected the players performance and really had to go when he did.
Brucie got grief for one reason and one reason only, the results were shocking and relegation form. Not because he was a 'geordie'

It's very unique in that Bruce is a long way from being our worst manager yet got more stick than any boss I can remember and we've had some terrible ones!
Don't dispute he got sacked because of results and contrary to popular myth on here Bruce never once said he got the boot for being a Geordie either.
What killed him were the Derby results,the lopsided results in his 2 full seasons and the final nail was that the mags were unexpectedly flying in his last season whilst we were struggling.This all lead to the unsavoury chants and ultimate dislike.

Bruce got more stick than any other manager we've had since Reid because he was the only one to blame the fans for his failings.

Why ? Why ? Why ? This fuckin board man, just let it go for Christ sake. His teams 2 up and thouroughly deserve to be. Good luck to him and them...
he's the one that won't let it go, his half time team talk will no doubt include the time Sunderland fans turned on him for being a goerdie.

Are Brighton in the same division as us? No. And was Poyet verbally abused by a section of their fans? Again no.
Poor comparison all things considered
How do you know he wasn't? He never talks about his time there, and he was sacked publicly on a TV show. He has real reasons to feel aggrieved, but he stays quiet, and has let it lie.

Why did he mention Sunderland fans when asked about the prospect of having a statue erected if Hull win? Tell me, where is the relevance?
Exactly. Why did he feel the need to tell his fans to go out, and take Covent Garden by storm for the Semi Final? He's pathetic, and will definitely mention us if he wins this, I bet you anything.

Probably was yeah.Think his last transfer window was very poor.
In my opinion, his sacking here cut him deep....his answers to press questions shows that he's still not over it. He should lay his burden down and leave it go.....the fans have a right to address some of his responses, to be fair!!

How do you know he wasn't? He never talks about his time there, and he was sacked publicly on a TV show. He has real reasons to feel aggrieved, but he stays quiet, and has let it lie.
Well firstly he done a cracking job there so why would he? Secondly my mate a Brighton fan who tells me how revered he was so that answers that.
He allegedly shit on the palace dressing room floor which lead to his untimely demise.Not exactly one you'd choose to bring up is it?

Some strange Sunderland fans rewriting history on this thread.

Bruce received excellent backing from the fans. It turned sour against Wigan, but the patience and support during some terrible runs & poor form was superb. He wouldn't have received that at the majority of prem teams.

The man has no class

Anybody knar what our highest finishing position in our latest run in the Premier League was? I can never remember...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back