Steve Bruce on Talksport now

Aye when we finished 10th in the Premier League. That bygone era.
Aye and how many years ago was that a decade ?

And more importantly we were 16th or 17th on the beginning of that day, we got a result and a lot of other ones went in our favour its not like we were comfortable and midtable the whole season

West Brom have had play-off form at least whoever their managers have been either side of Bruce where they had relegation form.
We can manage that without paying him a lot of money to let his cronies take training.

If it helps the discussion my mate claims he shagged Bruce’s lass while he was playing for Gillingham at Sunderland. However this was before the doomed play-off match in 1987 as my mate was actually at Roker Park for that one.

As we were in the league above Gillingham (I think?) before then I smell scotch eggs. Did we play Gillingham before then?

If it helps the discussion my mate claims he shagged Bruce’s lass while he was playing for Gillingham at Sunderland. However this was before the doomed play-off match in 1987 as my mate was actually at Roker Park for that one.

As we were in the league above Gillingham (I think?) before then I smell scotch eggs. Did we play Gillingham before then?

pics?

And look where that got us.....

Do we need 3 hands to count the succession of managers since, none of whom have got anywhere near Steve Bruce's position in the league table? We need 3 different leagues to measure the utter shitness.
Christ, if there’s a wrong take this pr1ck will jump all over it

Aye and how many years ago was that a decade ?

And more importantly we were 16th or 17th on the beginning of that day, we got a result and a lot of other ones went in our favour its not like we were comfortable and midtable the whole season
Don’t think that’s fair, we were 6/7th from November to February and didn’t drop into the bottom half until April, then 13th (not 16/17th) on the final day. Yes we had a dreadful run post Bent leaving and got thrashed off the mags but we had some great performances like Chelsea away so if you’re not going to look back fondly on that season then you can’t enjoying following us!

And look where that got us.....

Do we need 3 hands to count the succession of managers since, none of whom have got anywhere near Steve Bruce's position in the league table? We need 3 different leagues to measure the utter shitness.
Such a blindspot on this board for Bruce. Gets the ridicule you'd expect Simon Grayson to get.

Bruce, the manager that had WBA sitting bottom of the championship 18 months ago with virtually the same squad as now?.. That Bruce?

Logon or register to see this image
Take no notice of the OP. He’s a long long termer on here who under all his previous IDs has ended up banned numerous times for his persistent wuming. He’s the SMB equivalent of the Talksport presenters who’d adopt any position no matter how stupid and/or stupidly obvious the reason for its adoption was. Should be banned for life every time his latest id becomes known.

Don’t think that’s fair, we were 6/7th from November to February and didn’t drop into the bottom half until April, then 13th (not 16/17th) on the final day. Yes we had a dreadful run post Bent leaving and got thrashed off the mags but we had some great performances like Chelsea away so if you’re not going to look back fondly on that season then you can’t enjoying following us!

We didn't drop out of the top 7 between November 6th, beating Stoke the weekend after THAT derby hell show and March 5th when we drew 0-0 with Arsenal at the Emirates.

We had some very good times that year, beating City 1-0 at with Bent scoring late on at the SoL, the 3-0 win v Chelsea, 3-0 v Blackburn on New Years Day and the 3-0 away at West Ham last day.

We had some shockers too though. The 1-5, the 0-2 at Blackpool when we peppered them, Notts County in the FA Cup, 0-5 at Man City and getting beat off Birmingham and Fulham late on in the season.

We only got into the top 10 on the last day because the Mags fucked up at West Brom to only get a draw and Man City and Wigan did us a favour beating Bolton and Stoke.

Never go back. Especially with Steve Bruce.

Talking to Jeff and Cas.

Wants back in. Refreshed, rejuvenated and ready for a new challenge.

In all honesty, he’d be perfect for us right now. Ideal for a promotion push or at the very least to steady the ship next season.

Do not abuse Steve on this thread please. Balanced football based opinions only!
Has he dusted himself doon

Talking to Jeff and Cas.

Wants back in. Refreshed, rejuvenated and ready for a new challenge.

In all honesty, he’d be perfect for us right now. Ideal for a promotion push or at the very least to steady the ship next season.

Do not abuse Steve on this thread please. Balanced football based opinions only!
Gaan boil ya geet massive cabbaj heed

Last edited:
Villa like him. He signed John McGinn.
Hull fans like him. He signed Elmo Hammady.
Yeah, he was really popular at Villa.

"Steve Bruce was furious after he had a cabbage thrown him ahead of Aston Villa's dramatic 3-3 draw with Preston."

"Bruce endured chants of "We want Brucie out" from the home faithful and, after the game, hit out at the fan who bizarrely decided to throw a cabbage at him."

My last memories of his reign are the whole stadium chanting “you sad geordie bàstard get out of our club”, so it’s probably a no for me :lol:
For getting us a tenth and twelfth placed finish in the Premier League? Yeah, really shit that mind. If only...

Back