Stephanie Frappart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just wait and see how she does. The pre-judging on here based solely on her being a woman is horrific. Let's face it, the European Super Cup isn't exactly of earth-shattering importance. Probably a better first European match than say a group match between first and second seeds.

She'll be absolutely fine. It's the reason it was done that bugs me.

She's been reffing in Ligue 1 for a couple of seasons, and was the highest rated ref in Ligue 2 before that. She also has to pass the same fitness tests as the male referees.
Hasn’t reffed in Europe though has she. If Neil Swarbrick had been given the super cup without reffing in Europe prior to that there’d be outrage and you know it. This is no different

All my points have been pretty much the same.

Saying she had little experience at the top of the men's game and as such she can't be expected to be up to speed at that level.

Obviously you'll twist this reply in you usual WUM style...

She’s a qualified official. She’ll be subject to the same fitness requirements. She’s now going to be given the opportunity to see if she can perform at a high level in the men’s game. If she keeps up with the game physically, which I’m fairly sure she’ll be able to do, then there’s absolutely no reason she can’t referee it.
Hasn’t reffed in Europe though has she. If Neil Swarbrick had been given the super cup without reffing in Europe prior to that there’d be outrage and you know it. This is no different

I don’t think there’d be outrage mind. And if there was outrage it’d be because he hadn’t had European experience due to his poor officiating in domestic football. This is different because some people seem to think she isn’t physically fit or capable. She’s reffed at the highest level in the women’s game, has shown she’s competent, and is now being given an opportunity in a men’s game (a bit of a curtain raiser fixture without a massive amount of importance attached to it)

Last edited by a moderator:
The 'reasons' quoted so far are completely irrelevant and just wrong. Can the individual ref? Yes. Crack on. This shit about brains, fitness, fast tracking and box ticking, ooh err matron, are fallacies. Its the same old anti-equality shit that women have struggled against for generations, they shouldn't still be struggling. FFS. In almost any walk of life I'd take a woman over a man. Lasses who can drink and have a laugh are quality. Grow the fuck up. Also reffing is 1000% reactive so 'reading the game' is one of those phrases that ex-pros use to pretend there's secret knowledge that mere mortals can't understand.

The main complaint seems to be she won't be used to the men's game, which would be a fair one of she wasn't refereeing the top league in France all of last year. Bizarre, it's almost like people haves made their minds up without looking at the information

Too late. You’ve been outed pal

Class response. Absolutely pure quality counter argument.
Lack your classy response when you said i should have my bairns taken off me! Then you tried to befriend me, class response that was
There will probably be more interest in this game now round europe because there is a woman ref. Im all for it meself

Last edited:
If shes competent enough, then great and I hope she has a good game and enjoys it. I also hope it doesn't open the door to a scenario of appointing female refs just to look politically correct. They need to be of the right caliber ( we have enough male duffers already).

On a side note, do I remember correctly that the SoL was built with both male and female officials changing rooms?

Last edited:
And get the screecher commentating...

There I draw the line. Nothing wrong with female commentators per se but I can't take to it for football. Unless you mean Jonathan Pearce of course and I draw the line there too - terrible commentator imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back