Steele

Remember a few weeks back when he was dropped and some on here praised him for stating that he was going to "fight hard" etc. etc..to regain his place..I've never known a season like the present campaign..when I go
to games and just expect our keeper,(whoever it is) to constantly be totally fcukin inept

This. With the exception of the 15 point season when we had Davis we’ve always had good keepers like. Even in the 19 point season we had Sorensen, Macho, Myhre and Poom who were all good options. That team should never had went down with the low number of points they did.

Remember a few weeks back when he was dropped and some on here praised him for stating that he was going to "fight hard" etc. etc..to regain his place..I've never known a season like the present campaign..when I go
to games and just expect our keeper,(whoever it is) to constantly be totally fcukin inept

Aye, I was thinking similar after whichever away game it was where he didn't totally fuck everything up (think it was Millwall). I've never known a time when we've felt the need to give praise because a match, literally one game, has gone by and the keeper has managed not to fling one in his own net/ let a ball dribble through his legs/ finally save a shot only to find he's out of the area and gets sent off. I think Steele is the worst keeper we've got like but he's got some f***ing fierce competition

We got three shit keepers wages covered for the price of one half decent keeper. Also cashed in on a few million when we sold Manone.

If we can sellotape all three of them together maybe they would equal Manone?

This. With the exception of the 15 point season when we had Davis we’ve always had good keepers like. Even in the 19 point season we had Sorensen, Macho, Myhre and Poom who were all good options. That team should never had went down with the low number of points they did.

I used to go bloody metal about Kelvin Davis. Wish I could go back in time and speak to myself just when I was in a rage about him

Logon or register to see this image

"Kelvin Davis, you've got Kelvin Davis? You lucky bastard."

Last summer's transfer budget:

40% on Steele,
40% on Vaughan,
20% on McGeedy

That alone makes McGeady look like a bargain.

I used to go bloody metal about Kelvin Davis. Wish I could go back in time and speak to myself just when I was in a rage about him

Logon or register to see this image

"Kelvin Davis, you've got Kelvin Davis? You lucky bastard."

Davis was not terrible in the Championship.

BTW I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I was told that Steele is a local Durham/Teesside lad and that he was going to pack in his football career last summer and start his own business up here - playing for Bishop Auckland FC this season. SAFC then came in and the rest is history. Anyone know if this is true?

Bishop's dodged a bullet there. The lad isn't anywhere near good enough for them.

No doubt hes awful but unfortunately he is the best of a very bad bunch!

He's not like. Pull someone out the crowd - we'd be better.

Camp is better, sorry.

BTW I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I was told that Steele is a local Durham/Teesside lad and that he was going to pack in his football career last summer and start his own business up here - playing for Bishop Auckland FC this season. SAFC then came in and the rest is history. Anyone know if this is true?

Maybe start up a Timpson's franchise in Bish Sainsburys? Got to be better at cutting keys than goalkeeping...although it might be a load of cobblers.

No it’s not. He’s from Aycliffe, top lad and had offers from a number of clubs last summer. He manages a team in aycliffe or did.

What do you mean he packed in playing football you obviously have not watched him

Back