Steamed frozen chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bagpuss

Buy this stuff from a gym in Sunderland (been eating it for 12 months and not dead yet).

£20 for around 20 chicken breasts, absolutely mint, non of the usual fuck on thawing it out then eating dry shite from the microwave etc.

Stick it on my bait box with cooked rice the night before, leave it out over night, by lunch time next day is thawed and ready to eat.

Takes all the hassle out of prepping and chilling multiple high profile meals

http://goldstandardnutrition.co.uk/steam-cooked-chicken-fillets/

Buy this stuff from a gym in Sunderland (been eating it for 12 months and not dead yet).

£20 for around 20 chicken breasts, absolutely mint, non of the usual fuck on thawing it out then eating dry shite from the microwave etc.

Stick it on my bait box with cooked rice the night before, leave it out over night, by lunch time next day is thawed and ready to eat.

Takes all the hassle out of prepping and chilling multiple high profile meals

http://goldstandardnutrition.co.uk/steam-cooked-chicken-fillets/

Is it not chewy or rubbery once defrosted?

And whats it like when you re-heat it?

What do you do about flavouring it then?

I love flavoured rices like curried rices so once defrosted just drop it in there for 5 mins while rice cooks....Chop it up and stir fry it, cuts down on time massively as already cooked through, just reheating it.

I presume it comes frozen but isn't this a problem when ordering online? Even if it comes the next day it will have defrosted in that time?

£1 a breast with 0 faffing on to be done? Sounds to good to be true imo.

2.5kg of chicken for £22 or whatever it is.

Sounds expensive. Sounds like it's roughly twice the price for convenience, presuming it's just standard chicken not corn fed stuff etc.

2.5kg of chicken for £22 or whatever it is.

Sounds expensive. Sounds like it's roughly twice the price for convenience, presuming it's just standard chicken not corn fed stuff etc.

The butchers I've seen do 20 breasts for £20. Seems like it's the going rate

I presume it comes frozen but isn't this a problem when ordering online? Even if it comes the next day it will have defrosted in that time?

Next day delivery but they are dispatched and delivered the same day and come in a ice pack or summit

So say I pay on Monday. On Tuesday the courier company picks them up and delivers them that day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back