Stay at home Dads

Status
Not open for further replies.

My 1yo son is going through a "nutting stage", it's crackers
I know a little one year old and she's just coming up to that "No" stage. She loved her bath and is confident in the swimming pool but decided last week the bath was not what she wanted, she held her body virtually horizontal to the bath to avoid going in - some strength! The little darling.

I got a new job working 3 days a week when our lass first went back to work. Did it from the bairn being about 7 month to 2 year old. I really enjoyed being able to spend the extra time with him. Them couple of days a week to get up in the morning and be off to the beach or the park or whatever.

A couple of my mates would take the piss about our lass being at work and me being at home a couple of days. In reality I was still paying half the bills, and doing more hours than them because I was freelancing at the same time. I just ended up waiting for the bairn to have a nap during the day so I could answer some emails, working when he'd gone down for the night, having my mam take him for a few hours if I needed to visit a client.

Bet them bastards taking the piss weren't getting phonecalls at 8pm to go over work stuff :lol:

Would've liked to have kept things that way a bit longer but a good job opportunity came up.

Any on here done that and shipped the missus back to work instead? Lad at work is planning it once his little un lands. Be class that like, jammy bastard.
I am at the moment. I'm counting the days down until they go back to school.

Last edited:
You seem to think looking after the kids for the day and trying to keep the house in some form of order isn't work.
But fair play to you for realising your opinion is out-dated.
I hate work but having seen the shit my sister goes through with the kids, fuck staying home and doing that. I'd prefer work. Any bloke that does it has my respect. Some antiquated views on this thread here. No wonder the north has a reputation for being a bit backwards...

It would be a piss of piss but mind numbingly boring. I do most the parenting in our house anyway.
It's not easy, at least with two five year olds and a 7 year old anyway. Saying that, if they were all like the boys then it would be piss simple, so I think it's down the individual children.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Any on here done that and shipped the missus back to work instead? Lad at work is planning it once his little un lands. Be class that like, jammy bastard.
If we ever have kids I'm hoping to as our lass is capable of getting a mint job, I on the other hand am not capable haha.

Me and our lass have had this discussion despite not having a bairn. Suppose it's what you have to talk about before marriage.

We both earn exactly the same wage to the penny. Her views are also as outdated as some on this thread, apparently because I'm the bloke I'd have to go back to work if one of us was to stay home. This started a whole gender debate which concluded with something along the lines of 'so you spout this feminism bollocks and now earn the same as I do but when the opportunity arises for you to be the independent one and earn money for the family you'd like to revert to stereotypical gender roles?' She didn't really have an answer to this.

I think I'd be fine with the bairn all day if truth be told, might get a bit boring at times but I'm not that keen on adult interaction anyway...

Me and our lass have had this discussion despite not having a bairn. Suppose it's what you have to talk about before marriage.

We both earn exactly the same wage to the penny. Her views are also as outdated as some on this thread, apparently because I'm the bloke I'd have to go back to work if one of us was to stay home. This started a whole gender debate which concluded with something along the lines of 'so you spout this feminism bollocks and now earn the same as I do but when the opportunity arises for you to be the independent one and earn money for the family you'd like to revert to stereotypical gender roles?' She didn't really have an answer to this.

I think I'd be fine with the bairn all day if truth be told, might get a bit boring at times but I'm not that keen on adult interaction anyway...
She's the mother. It's been in her body for 9 months. There has been millions of years of evolution. Hormones and shit. Give her a break you feminazi.

She's the mother. It's been in her body for 9 months. There has been millions of years of evolution. Hormones and shit. Give her a break you feminazi.

:lol: :lol:

I get what you're saying, really I do.

What I really don't like is the attitude some women seem to have (militant feminazi types usually) that equal rights doesn't have to mean equal responsibility...

I'm amazed she'd rather stay home than go to work.... They've got it sussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back