Stay at home Dads

This is the thing. I'm sure I'd manage taking Mini-K to groups and stuff, but I can't see there being many other Dads there to have a bit craic with. Not that I'd ignore the Mams like, but I imagine conversation may run dry pretty quickly.

Looking after kids is a piece of piss. People pander too much to their needs. I am a great fan of boring time where they had to use their imaginations. I had plenty of it when I was a nipper.

This is the thing. I'm sure I'd manage taking Mini-K to groups and stuff, but I can't see there being many other Dads there to have a bit craic with. Not that I'd ignore the Mams like, but I imagine conversation may run dry pretty quickly.
Ideal for single dads like. I'm not a single dad but did used to take my daughter places if I was off work and the mothers would go out of their way to have a bit crack with me.

Ideal for single dads like. I'm not a single dad but did used to take my daughter places if I was off work and the mothers would go out of their way to have a bit crack with me.

Well that's good to know. I suppose the more you go to those things, the more you become part of the group - unless there's an established clique. Bugger that

I did a year off work once, my Mrs earns a decent wedge and we had stuff to do on the house.....it did my head in, the lack of human interaction really did me in, apart from seeing the same crew out dog walking....having said that, I'm back at graft now and would happily go home....:lol:

I did a year off work once, my Mrs earns a decent wedge and we had stuff to do on the house.....it did my head in, the lack of human interaction really did me in, apart from seeing the same crew out dog walking....having said that, I'm back at graft now and would happily go home....:lol:

You aren't Neville from Auf Weidersehen are you?

I think it would be a nightmare thing to do, full-time. I've had the odd day off during the school holidays (5yo & 1yo) and it usually descends into chaos
At work I can listen to podcasts, get a cuppa when I want, go out on-site - it's f***ing great

The single parent mothers are going to love this thread...wait till they come along

I just did 10 weeks off after a car accident, same faces pottering about the village, Cbeebies on the telly. I was actually looking forward to returning to work....Once I was back, though

Back