Stay at home Dads

It would be a piss of piss but mind numbingly boring. I do most the parenting in our house anyway.

Our lass had two years off work for both ours and loved it as her mates were having kids at the same time so they sat and chatted absolute shite all day.

I’d miss interacting with other people. Into my fourth week of my holidays at the minute and I’m starting to look forward to work again. Doesn’t help it’s f***ing rained for nearly two weeks like

A few lads I work with work 5 days over 4 so they get a day off every week to baby sit.
Their lasses do it as well, so that means they only have to find 3 days childcare a week not 5.

It wasn't an option when my kids were younger and I think I could have benefited from spending a day a week with them when they were babies.

I couldn't just stay at home with the missus at work like. I'm climbing the walls after 2 weeks.

Point in fact. I told the lads at work about the thread here about Katie Price, and my favourite quote.
"Cocked more times than John Wayne's Rifle"

Lads at work were in hysterics, missus just rolled her eyes and said "Thats not funny".

Not uncommon in consulting. Or at least some men do 3 days a week.

If they both met at work early in their careers and are now directors/partners in their mid to late 30's quite a few do part time for child care

I know a family where the woman earns more so the Dad was the stay at home parent until the youngest started primary school. He came to the baby and toddler groups and enjoyed sitting around nattering.

Into my 4th week off with a 5yr and 10 month old and it can get hard work. Didn't think I would but missing the adult interaction. Nice spending loads of time with them but wouldn't half mind an hour to read a book or play on the PlayStation or summat.

The more often I can get them out of the house the better, it's just then avoiding spending all the time. Then again, it can prove a logistical nightmare with a baby in a pushchair (such as going to the bog).

I’m doing my first stint in the six weeks holidays (term time) and I’ve already opted out of it next year Fuck that for a laugh kids are evil.

Back