Statue wars - Cecil Rhodes again.

The fuck does "quizzing" have to do with intelligence?
Knowing random facts is what the smartarse down the pub brags about on the quiz machine.

Its nothing to do with actual intellect.

This is exactly why we can't have grown up discussions in this country. People thinking knowing the names of the lasses in Bananarama is more impressive than how a vaccine actually works.

At least we quizzers know the rules and Keren deserves a statue

Logon or register to see this image

Best place to do that is to put Cecil in a museum with the Coulson statue imo.
This

Statues are historical objects. They are also objects of propaganda. They exist to commemorate, validate, glorify or similar their object, whoever put them up. They dont tell you anything as of themselves besides the values they were erected to glorify.

Yes.Try watching them on The Chase, Mastermind etc. Most couldn't change a bulb.
Perhaps you ought to suggest to Williamson that we replace the current education assessment regime of GCSEs, ALevels and degrees with The Chase or Blankety Blank? Obviously a far more robust means of judging students knowledge. On second thoughts, don’t, that clueless twat will think it is a good idea.

Perhaps you ought to suggest to Williamson that we replace the current education assessment regime of GCSEs, ALevels and degrees with The Chase or Blankety Blank? Obviously a far more robust means of judging students knowledge. On second thoughts, don’t, that clueless twat will think it is a good idea.
Any person can learn anything parrot fashion. Even you. Join the real world ,not the parallel universe you live in. Oh he'se got a degree,he'se got a Phd . Seems it's you that's clueless.Guess you must have one of those bits of paper to prove you went through the motions.Blankety Blank ? Never mentioned it .Must be your level.

Any person can learn anything parrot fashion. Even you. Join the real world ,not the parallel universe you live in. Oh he'se got a degree,he'se got a Phd . Seems it's you that's clueless.Guess you must have one of those bits of paper to prove you went through the motions.Blankety Blank ? Never mentioned it .Must be your level.
🤣

Worth reminding ourselves that the original proposal was that the Rhodes statue should be moved to the new centre for Rhodes studies, along with the rest of Rhodes papers and paraphanalia

Bunch of well connected reactionary right wing academics whipped up a storm insisting that the statue of Rhodes must stay, which got predictable overheated converage in the Telegraph, Times and Daily Mail

The whole argument led from their reactionary twattishness. Who immediately blamed the left for their own petty tantrum
As per usual. Them pesky Marxist police defunders

Bet Oxford Council are shitting themselves in case they get a planning application
Isn’t Oxford council labour now
Gammons will be fuming and frothing
And what happens in a couple of hundred years when someone decides us crushing Nazi Germany was a bit too aggressive - will those statues have to come down?

We can't airbrush history - we have to learn from the past.
That discussion has already been done
Bomber harris statue I recall

Last edited:

Can I be the first to say....

Wees this clownshoe?

The irony of you calling someone thick when you can't string a coherent sentence together.

The irony of you calling someone thick when you can't string a coherent sentence together.
Check,then double check statement. Nowhere did i say the word" thick". Still, if it refers to you my friend ,then i guess it must suit you. Coherent enough for you ? Another martyre to the cause .Eh Tommy ?

Last edited:
Check,then double check statement. Nowhere did i say the word" thick". Still, if it refers to you my friend ,then i guess it must suit you. Coherent enough for you ? Another martyre to the cause .Eh Tommy ?

Wheel came off towards the end of that post. :lol: :lol:

And what happens in a couple of hundred years when someone decides us crushing Nazi Germany was a bit too aggressive - will those statues have to come down?

We can't airbrush history - we have to learn from the past.
Statues dont teach you about the past though

And not, for example, telling the precise details around Harris and Bomber Command is exactly what airbrushing history is. There was debate and disquiet around it *at the time*, let alone since.

Morons to the left and retards to the right. Removing statues ffs. It happened in the past. I could understand it a little more if supporters were flocking to Rhodes and Coulson’s statues and using them as rally backdrops preaching the merits of slavery and a return to the good old days, but they are not.
Savile statue ? And it's Colston btw. I'm with your daughter on this one ;)

Back