Stats are a load of sh

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wouldn't we have figured that out by now anyway?
I can just see numbers.

Until someone runs the numbers you don't know for sure the strength of the association

With vastly more complex statistics you can rule out other causes

Basically in a nutshell it took the research of medical statistics to convince health professionals, politicians and the public to actively encourage people to quit and to make it harder for big tobacco to peddle their carcinogens

Have you got the statistics of the difference the knowing would have made, I'm an addict and I'm getting pretty good odds.

People thought the earth was flat till somebody proved it wasn't. Stats didn't tell us smoking was unsafe doctors and scientists did. Unless you're rather strangely trying to claim research and gained knowledge is statistics if you are you might as well say anything is a statistic.

That is exactly how quantitative research works, statistics and analysis of data.

People thought the earth was flat till somebody proved it wasn't. Stats didn't tell us smoking was unsafe doctors and scientists did. Unless you're rather strangely trying to claim research and gained knowledge is statistics if you are you might as well say anything is a statistic.

thank fuck they've never said drink was bad for you

Until someone runs the numbers you don't know for sure the strength of the association

With vastly more complex statistics you can rule out other causes

Basically in a nutshell it took the research of medical statistics to convince health professionals, politicians and the public to actively encourage people to quit and to make it harder for big tobacco to peddle their carcinogens
Just f***ing hacked my brain to bits so that that mind
Just f***ing hacked my brain to bits so that that mind
It must be you said that twice,and missed out Amen. :lol:

I get what your saying, but the fact it's an addiction is the problem for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back