Starting XI v Rotherham

McGregor

Winger
Good win today. Keep the same 11? Or bring back Wyke? Did Dobson do enough to keep his place? And did Hume? Does Leadbitter need replacing? While a good win, there's still questions to be answered on a selection front.

Having said that. Here's my starting line up :

Jon Mc
Conor Mc
Willis
Ozturk
Hume
Dobson
Power
Maguire
McNulty
Mcgeady
Wyke

Subs:

Burge
Flanagan
Leadbitter
Embleton
Gooch
Grigg.

Last edited:

Good win today. Keep the same 11? Or bring back Wyke? Did Dobson do enough to keep his place? And did Hume? Does Leadbitter need replacing? While a good win, there's still questions to be answered on a selection front.

Jon Mc
Conor Mc
Willis
Ozturk
Hume
Dobson
Power
Maguire
McNulty
Mcgeady
Wyke

Subs:

Burge
Flanagan
Leadbitter
Embleton
Gooch
Grigg.

Home game where we want to be on the front foot. Keep the same team, unless Leadbitter could do with a break in which case put power in.

I don't think Wyke is anywhere near as good as McNulty, but a decent option to change things if it's not working.

Home game where we want to be on the front foot. Keep the same team, unless Leadbitter could do with a break in which case put power in.

I don't think Wyke is anywhere near as good as McNulty, but a decent option to change things if it's not working.

Think McNulty behind Wyke will work a treat mesel.. I didn't see the game today but a few weren't impressed with Leadbitter. Game seemed to pass him by.

Think McNulty behind Wyke will work a treat mesel.. I didn't see the game today but a few weren't impressed with Leadbitter. Game seemed to pass him by.

I'm in the minority but I don't like Wyke (as a player, not personally) and would prefer the front four we had today. He's much improved this season mind, so i can see why some have warmed to him. Just not my type of player. AM/CM/LG supporting MM gives us good balance I think.

I think Leadbitter gives us a calming influence that we lack when he's missing. Dobson alongside him is helpful in making us more attacking, first time pass to set CM away today for the third was great. All about opinions.

Jon Mc
Conor Mc
Willis
Ozturk
Hume
Dobson
Power
Maguire
McNulty
Mcgeady
Wyke

Subs:

Burge
Flanagan
Leadbitter
Embleton
Gooch
Grigg.

Not sure it matters, drop Grant and put McGeouch in and its the same team.

We looked a real handful going forward today, not sure I would change it if Im honest.

They’re a physical side and we need to be able to match them so would probably bring Wyke back in (even though I’m not that much of a fan). I’d be concerned with us on set plays so at least Wykes another big body to attack the ball.

Jon Mc
Conor Mc
Willis
Ozturk
Hume
Dobson
Power
Maguire
McNulty
Mcgeady
Wyke

Subs:

Burge
Flanagan
Leadbitter
Embleton
Gooch
Grigg.
Conor Mc is shite

Wykes is banned for two more games I think. So it will be the week after Tuesday for him

@McGregor

Nope. Second yellow so just the one game ban.

Don’t see any need to change anything and we don’t have a plethora of options to change so same team for me. I also hate that we change and go all direct as soon as Wyke plays so I’d keep him away from the team through no fault of his own

No? His suspension is up now.. Back on Tuesday.
I thought it was three games? This was the first today, then Tuesday, then next weekend?
Nope. Second yellow so just the one game ban.

Don’t see any need to change anything and we don’t have a plethora of options to change so same team for me. I also hate that we change and go all direct as soon as Wyke plays so I’d keep him away from the team through no fault of his own
Cheers

Duly corrected both. I thought it was a straight red. Well that strengthens us a bit more for Tuesday. Good news

Back