Starting XI v Rotherham

I used to play LB but could easily play RB being left footed. ConnerMc doest even make a tackle. Your sticking up for someone who has just been dropped after losing 3-0 and now we’ve won. Not saying it’s all his fault but he is crap

He is shite

I’m saying he shouldn’t get stuck for things he hasn’t done. Not saying he’s good or bad. Unlike you I don’t judge players on little evidence and would rather form an educated opinion having given the lad a chance
:lol: I don't even know who you are, other than you having a meltdown the other week too.

Just watched the highlights on Sky Sports back - every single open play highlight involving Maddison shows him on the right and cutting in. Even for his goal that's exactly what he did.

:lol:

Good that he did that and scored from the left wing simultaneously. Good on him, should have signed him obviously

I’m saying he shouldn’t get stuck for things he hasn’t done. Not saying he’s good or bad. Unlike you I don’t judge players on little evidence and would rather form an educated opinion having given the lad a chance

Good that he did that and scored from the left wing simultaneously. Good on him, should have signed him obviously

You don't know your left from your right. It happens.

So the goal wasn’t scored from a cutback near onien on our right their left and Maddison scored from the right hand corner of the 6 yard box through ozturks legs who’s our right sided cb?

Maddison picks the ball up on the right (his position), cuts inside and plays a longish ball out to the left wing. The bloke on the left (Boyd) runs with the ball to the byline, pulls it back across goal to Maddison who slots it home from left of centre. He's there because he's continued his run from the right side, where he originally had the ball.

The fact that you're using his goal as some kind of justification he was playing on the left is showing you up somewhat.

He can play more backwards passes than him! Turned attacks into defence every time today, he's just so negative.

There was a bloke behind me today talking about recycling possession and all that bollocks. Lo and behold when McGeuch entered the fray this bloke started singing his praises straight away.

I sometimes think some people would rather see us pass the ball for 90 minutes and not have a shot than actually create some chances.

Same team. However, If we do make a change, it'll be McGeouch for Leadbitter. He proved himself with Dobson against Burnley and is a good like for like replacement for Leadbitter.

Mcgeady is getting on a bit so if he's not fully fit then it might be worth sticking Embleton in for him.

Maddison picks the ball up on the right (his position), cuts inside and plays a longish ball out to the left wing. The bloke on the left (Boyd) runs with the ball to the byline, pulls it back across goal to Maddison who slots it home from left of centre. He's there because he's continued his run from the right side, where he originally had the ball.

The fact that you're using his goal as some kind of justification he was playing on the left is showing you up somewhat.

He starts from defensive midfield. drifts right then back inside. He scored from the left like I said. Wasn’t mclaughlins fault like I said. Now off to bed little one

I think Dobson and McGeouch are comfortably our best midfield pairing and compliment eachother well. They should start until McGeouch gets injured.
m
But Grant can tackle, pass forward, shoot and take a decent set piece?
:lol: mcgeough wouldnt get a game for grangetown florists areet lads ha.Spot on kid g ,frightens me that we have fans that thinkhe is a like for like swap for grant.

They’re a physical side and we need to be able to match them so would probably bring Wyke back in (even though I’m not that much of a fan). I’d be concerned with us on set plays so at least Wykes another big body to attack the ball.
No - that’s why we failed so badly last year, playing a team to nullify the opposition rather than having the balls to say fuck it, we will play this way, let them worry about our way of playing!

No - that’s why we failed so badly last year, playing a team to nullify the opposition rather than having the balls to say fuck it, we will play this way, let them worry about our way of playing!

I don’t think we played to nullify the opposition though, we allowed ourselves to be bullied in a lot of games and sat back. I’m not saying we do this. Simply recognise we need to be able to physically compete

McGeouch has done nothing yet to show he is better than Leadbitter.
Disagree. Burnley game was the best midfield display all season with McGeough, Dobson and O'Nien all prominent throughout. Leadbitter has been staggeringly poor all season with his continued attempts to take the pace out of the game so he can be more involved. Even the pile of shite we played yesterday were running past him at times.

Disagree. Burnley game was the best midfield display all season with McGeough, Dobson and O'Nien all prominent throughout. Leadbitter has been staggeringly poor all season with his continued attempts to take the pace out of the game so he can be more involved. Even the pile of shite we played yesterday were running past him at times.

I wasn't at Burnley. Leadbitter hasn't been 'staggeringly poor' at all. He's been one of, if not our best player in a least a couple of games.

And I'm not exactly a massive fan.

The mobility and energy of the midfield, McGeoch Dobson O9 Embleton and Gooch, at Turf Moor was oustanding. We were able to do this by having Connor Mc in his natural position of RB. If you add the work rate of McNulty up front I think we could steam roller most sides in the division.

Maybe the manager just prefers the nous of Leadbitter, which isn't automatically a bad thing, but I'm not sure its working having endured that game yesterday....

Back